• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,297 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Praxis52 said:

Not a fan of these "variants of variants".... I own both copies in their original "form"... Don't understand why'd they do this?!  It just seems wrong...

I seen them do this to  "X-23 (2010) #1 (DELL'OTTO VARIANT)" a few months ago, if I owned that variant I wouldn't be to happy.  So, we might see more of this, sad to say.

2 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Shop had a sale today.  I found these in the $0.25 bin.  The one on the left reminds me of Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina (I think that's the movie i'm thinking of)

IMG_0249.thumb.JPG.96a1bd0c73cba9b53eaa00b8f6cd0632.JPG

Cool, I picked up catwoman #82 Hughes as well with eBay bucks...

It is the last issue of that volume too!

One of the more interesting covers as well :foryou:

8 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Shop had a sale today.  I found these in the $0.25 bin.  The one on the left reminds me of Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina (I think that's the movie i'm thinking of)

IMG_0249.thumb.JPG.96a1bd0c73cba9b53eaa00b8f6cd0632.JPG

I mentioned that several of his Catwoman covers have a distinctly Audrey vibe to them, and he chuckled and said "yeah...that's no accident." :)

On 7/14/2018 at 9:52 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

I mentioned that several of his Catwoman covers have a distinctly Audrey vibe to them, and he chuckled and said "yeah...that's no accident." :)

Which, of course, is fairly obvious to anyone who knows Sabrina Fairchild, Holly Golightly or Eliza Doolittle. :wink:

On 7/24/2018 at 10:27 AM, Drill423 said:

Spent a lot of time at the Hughes booth during SDCC.  Had this done...

4441572B-E905-4AA1-B7BD-E6B8B2F4317A.jpeg

A beauty!

Just as an aside, how awesome is it that AH! actually does affordable sketches?  He's figured out a way to do quick sketches that are absolutely, recognizably his work even without a signature; he does them fast enough that lots of people can get them, and he charges a fraction of what he could probably get... I know I would have paid 3x what he charged at ECCC without blinking, and I doubt the line for the sketches would have been one person shorter if he had. 

An extraordinarily kind and generous way to treat the fans, and I admire and respect the heck out of him doing it like that.

Edited by OtherEric
typo

13 hours ago, OtherEric said:

A beauty!

Just as an aside, how awesome is it that AH! actually does affordable sketches?  He's figured out a way to do quick sketches that are absolutely, recognizably his work even without a signature; he does them fast enough that lots of people can get them, and he charges a fraction of what he could probably get... I know I would have paid 3x what he charged at ECCC without blinking, and I doubt the line for the sketches would have been one person shorter if he had. 

An extraordinarily kind and generous way to treat the fans, and I admire and respect the heck out of him doing it like that.

Agreed.  We spent a good amount of time at his booth speaking with him and his wife.  Just genuinely nice people.  My cousin has been out of the game for 30 years so I introduced him to AH work and he ended up getting one done as well.  Extremely happy with my experience overall.