• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,296 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Reno McCoy said:

Ah, interesting.

Was the Hughes 1:100 announced prior to the store deciding to do a store variant? I mean, that's pretty savvy if the owner knew about the "rare" Hughes book ahead of time. 

Yes, but not the cover art.

Lot of discussion on this post over on the Book. Pretty sure this is a boardie and respected member of the community.

For all those folks that think the $1,000 commission sketches are way too expensive... here's one that Adam did at a recent convention already being resold for three times that amount.

http://www.comicartfans.com/ForSaleDetails.asp?ArtId=573898

When I have to raise our prices to drive out the flippers, remember that things like this is why.

Posted these over in CG, figured I'd throw them up here too. Fun night at the LCS tonight, with plenty of cheap AH goodness. Highlight was a set of Tomb Raider 16-50 for $35, nice high grade, including all of the AH covers except 33A (though the similarly pricey non-AH 33b was included) and 48. Nice set!

photo nov 07, 7 54 42 pm.jpg

IMG_4415.JPG

Some old school AH goodness. These Trek books aren't worth anything, but I NEVER run across them. Got the set for about $2. Also picked up a couple of Zee's at my LCS.

IMG_4433.JPG

IMG_4434.JPG

IMG_4435.JPG

IMG_4436.JPG

IMG_4437.JPG

IMG_4438.JPG

On 11/12/2017 at 6:04 PM, F For Fake said:

Some old school AH goodness. These Trek books aren't worth anything, but I NEVER run across them. Got the set for about $2. Also picked up a couple of Zee's at my LCS.

IMG_4433.JPG

IMG_4434.JPG

IMG_4435.JPG

IMG_4436.JPG

IMG_4437.JPG

IMG_4438.JPG