• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,297 posts in this topic

I'm waylaid with bronchitis, and I've grown a bit board. So how about a Adam Hughes question to get this thread back to the front page.

If you had in the $400 to $500 range to spend on Hughes comics, either for your PC or for potential resale, how would you divvy up that money? Which issues would you go for? Would you buy one graded book in 9.8, or would you buy a "better" issue in 9.6? Or do you split up the money so you can buy several issues that haven't quite taken fire yet? 

8 hours ago, Reno McCoy said:

I'm waylaid with bronchitis, and I've grown a bit board. So how about a Adam Hughes question to get this thread back to the front page.

If you had in the $400 to $500 range to spend on Hughes comics, either for your PC or for potential resale, how would you divvy up that money? Which issues would you go for? Would you buy one graded book in 9.8, or would you buy a "better" issue in 9.6? Or do you split up the money so you can buy several issues that haven't quite taken fire yet? 

I would buy the best issue raw. Get it signed pressed and graded at a con and hope for 9.8 then sell and repeat. 

For personal collection I'd use 300 on a mint raw variant and the other 200 on new releases....his spectacular Spider-Man 300 looks nice and I'm sure he will be doing more covers soon.

30 minutes ago, Okeydoke said:

This one might be kinda rare - from the early 90's. A little innuendo action as well...Lol.

20180203_010234.jpg

I'd say it's one of the less common Spoof covers. I don't see it nearly as often as I run into Spider-Femme, Batbabe and X-Babes.

13 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Geeeezus. I remember when you could get these in a pack of Sally Forth comics from Bud Plant for about $8 for the set. Mine is long sold, probably for less than $20. :cry: