• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

On 1/1/2018 at 10:26 AM, H0RR0RSH0W said:

I have keeping up to date in my reading of the ARAH GI Joe series and I was wondering what other collectors and forum members see the value and availability of issue #246  being in the next few months.  

On 1/1/2018 at 11:52 AM, darkstar said:

The value will approach cover price or less. The availability will not be an issue. The eye of sauron managed to spot this book before foc and at least 3 retailers did exclusive covers for it, which means the print run is significantly higher than the previous issues. That will be more than enough to offset any artificial surge in demand from speculators, who would rather not be putting their money into a property like GI Joe anyway, as there is never sustained outside interest in the latest ongoing series. Also, as is typically the case with GI Joe, issues 246 isn't a definitive first appearance. 

I had little trouble obtaining a copy of 246 for twice cover price, which did indeed take a few weeks to come across. Issues #244& 245 were a different story as the cheapest copies are around $15-20USD apiece right now. 

Can anyone clarify what I have been hearing as it is not entirely clear? GI Joe issue 250 is the final issue of the series? Or it is the final issue of the of the Dawn of the Arashikage saga with Dawn Moreno? The posts on YoJoe.com and Hisstank are

a little unclear as to what series they are celebrating the end of.

Which sounds like they may be talking about the Sitterson series, which is why I ask.

Edited by H0RR0RSH0W
no edit

From what I've read its the end of the "Dawn of the Arashikage" story-line.

If you look at the books from #246 on they even say part 1 of 5, part 2 of 5 etc.

GI Joe:ARAH will continue, as far as I'm aware, its simply the end of that story arc.

Following Tom Waltz on Twitter, the IDW editor, it appears that starting with 251 they are moving on with a "Special Missions" story arc.

This will be intended for each issue to focus on one character or a small group of 'Joes for the next five issues or so.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Yeah 250 is not the end. 251 is the start of the Special Missions arc. Should be fun, the old Special Missions title was great. Kinda sad though that GI Joe can't sell enough to have two ARAH titles any more.

On 5/2/2018 at 8:44 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

It was an honor finally meeting Larry Hama and seeing Scott Koblish again. I love how these books came out. 

C4E1D192-3CED-44F6-A701-F122F40E90AC.jpeg

2FA45E48-0D02-463B-B82B-DB82EFEB937B.jpeg

Great books!!! :applause:

I need to pick up a #155 in 9.8 preferably an SS by Larry Hama.  I love a lot of the Joe stories especially the early ones but the final issue is dark and real. It’s very personal for me.  I think it’s the best issue in the series, just my opinion of course.

Edited by Parabellum

12 hours ago, The_Investor said:

Congrats on the grade !   I'm hoping on finding a 9.6-9.8 Canadian Edition if anyone can help ! Would pay a finders fee if a deal goes through ! 

Thanks man! I'll keep a look out. First print 9.8s don't come up often. Of course one just came up on ebay a few days after I got mine. It sold in less than a day. If i see a Canadian edition I'll let you know.

1 hour ago, Parabellum said:

I picked that one up.  At this point I have passed on multiple copies and it was time to pull the trigger.  I could also pick it up locally so worked for both of us.  I should have grabbed one last year and saved myself $300, lol.

6E87BC07-FBAA-4783-960C-0395421AD96A.jpeg

Sweet pick up! If it makes you feel any better I paid a little more for mine because I couldn't find any online and was also tired of passing on opprotunities.:tonofbricks:

1 hour ago, Parabellum said:

@STORMSHADOW_80, where did you get those action figures?

The Snake Eyes figure is one of the 25th anniversary ones. I got it from ebay a few years ago

Storm Shadow is the "Ultimate Storm Shadow" from the retaliation line. A lot of Joe collectors really like that one as it is the most cartoon accurate looking fig. Comes with a lot of weapons and alternate unmasked head. I think i used an amazon gift card for that one.