• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,337 posts in this topic

ANY 9.8 worthy book from issues 1-30 and 150-155. ANY! cool.gif

A few....perhaps even a #21..... 893crossfingers-thumb.gifcool.gif

Forgot about that one! 893whatthe.gif

PM me if you really do have any of these especially 1-30 in a 9.8 worthy grade!

Sure, Ill take as many 21s as you have! cloud9.gif

Funny that 9.6 21 that Matt Nelson was selling on ebay had horrible QP and still went for $260. Doug had a 9.6 21 that looked incredible and it sold for $225.

Theyre going up up up in demand and price. A copy with better QP would sell for over $300 now in my opinion. Thats a lot of cash for a "common modern."

I will take a look at them tomorrow with him. I know a have seen a bunch of really nice copies.

If there are ANY stress marks whatsoever, 86 it. CGC is so ruthless on the spine its amazing. Ill trust your grading skills. Odds are there may only be 1 or 2 out of a pile of comics. PM me when you know and thanks! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I will take a look at them tomorrow with him. I know a have seen a bunch of really nice copies.

Any word on those Joes?

Funny that 9.6 21 that Matt Nelson was selling on ebay had horrible QP and still went for $260. Doug had a 9.6 21 that looked incredible and it sold for $225.

It's really not that surprising when you take into consideration various factors such as the reputation of the dealer, the age of the label, the page quality, and the fact that most G.I. Joe collectors (like Dung) are inbred troglodytes who would be equally entertained eating their own toenails as reading a comic book.

It's really not that surprising when you take into consideration various factors such as the reputation of the dealer, the age of the label, the page quality, and the fact that most G.I. Joe collectors (like Dung) are inbred troglodytes who would be equally entertained eating their own toenails as reading a comic book.

27_laughing.gif As usual, your posts entertain.

Count on Khaos to correct your grammar and come up with a zinger here and there. Other than that, he's kind of useless. wink.gif

Count on Khaos to correct your grammar and come up with a zinger here and there. Other than that, he's kind of useless. wink.gif

acclaim.gif

Say, speaking of Zingers and other spongy, cream-filled phalluses, does yours still work, Buffalo Bob? Or do you just tuck it back between your legs when you dance in front of the mirror?

acclaim.gif

Say, speaking of Zingers and other spongy, cream-filled phalluses, does yours still work, Buffalo Bob? Or do you just tuck it back between your legs when you dance in front of the mirror?

Seriously, do you write your own material? 27_laughing.gif You are certainly no longer Greggy's lap dog. Youve graduated to big boy status. thumbsup2.gif

Back to the topic at hand. Looks like we may have 3 friggin copies of Joe 21 in 9.6. frustrated.gif Bill seems positive after looking at the book several times that it would get a 9.6 (our best copy. We have a 9.6 on the way back from cgc and 2 other copies that are probably 9.6s. Were slightly discouraged, and Im thinking about giving up after 5 years of looking. Theres been an x-men 94 and an ASM 129 found in 9.8 but NO Joe 21?? Whats next, an MS #5 or dare I say a HOS 92? 893whatthe.gif Im sure there are more of a few of you out there who have been searching for a long time for that "special" book but havent found it yet. Heres a good chance to feel someone elses pain and know that you are not alone in your struggle. Maybe we could start up a task force to stalk down these elusive books? sign-rantpost.gif

My copy of Joe #21 only came back a 9.2 - they're just too friggin' tough on this issue . . .

GIJ21s.jpg

But I've also got this copy of #1 gossip.gif Not in the Nine's, but still pretty nice . . .

GIJ1ss.jpg

grin.gif

That copy of #1 wouldnt come back any higher than a 9.2. TRUST ME. I know these books like the back of my hand. That 21 does look like it should have been a 9.4 but you are correct...If there is ONE, spine stress of any kind,even if it doesnt break color and the rest of the book is perfect...BAM, 9.6. I dont think they want a 9.8. I think theyre doing it to spite me. sumo.gif