• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,337 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, divad said:

What's special about #129? Anything? hm

Nothing I know of that is major.  It is suppose to have a pin-up in it and is nearing the end of the run so maybe a lower print run.  Guide has it at $10 (havn't checked latest Overstreet) but books I have bought around this area of numbers have been $5 -$10cdn each.  I know if I am patient will find one at store for proper price.  Ebay has them at $30-35 usd (thats including shipping) for the condition I am looking for which is 9.2/nm- and up.  Thats $40-46 cdn.  Just not willing to pay that when I know once it comes into a local store or show I can get roughly at and at most $13 cdn.

I am in no rush anyways.  Eventually that book will show up and I will grab it.

Edited by whisp

On 9/2/2018 at 4:02 PM, Lobo1969 said:

prime.JPG.83ff8089283bf78b46b6e1199aa36d86.JPG 12 9.8s and a lone 9.6 Stan Lee SS. Yes, all 1st prints.

There are 87 9.8s in the census now.  I would think that if we were all willing to post the 9.8s in our collective possessions, I am think over half the census could be accounted for by the regulars and semi-regulars in this thread.

That's some G.I. Joe setup. I'm getting the Prime 1 Studio Snake Eyes and Scarlett myself. I'll post my setup when I get them together. I'm hoping that they make Baroness too but that isn't looking likely. And I don't like the paint job on the Pop Culture Shock Storm Shadow even though it's like the cartoon. Maybe I need to see it in person.

43177450_2091502424201759_74310566377684

But if they make a Baroness painted like that I can't see myself preferring it over a possible Prime 1 version.

Any bigger pictures of the setup of statues and figures in those glass cabinets between the file cabinets?

Edited by GeneticNinja

I'm reading a book called "the Joy of Joe." It's a series of short essays from different authors about why GI Joe is important to them. Not my typical read, but it's kinda interesting because it brings up things about GI Joe that I didn't know.

The book mentions an ebook published to Amazon called "GI Joe: First Salvo" about the founding of Cobra and the GI Joe response. The book appears to have been pulled from Amazon. Anyone know why or have a copy of the book?

20190101_111025.jpg

45 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

A couple recent additions. I love the way 47 displays with the toys 

807572AD-5612-4914-B95D-E9DAB1F6B670.jpeg

3302D158-D539-4CCD-A039-E8AA6249885D.jpeg

Great setup, great cover and yes also a great toy! I always felt like the Devilfish was underappreciated. I think it's one of the best vehicles in that size/price range, for sure. God knows I had a ton of of fun sinking it in the swimming pool when I was a kid.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Great setup, great cover and yes also a great toy! I always felt like the Devilfish was underappreciated. I think it's one of the best vehicles in that size/price range, for sure. God knows I had a ton of of fun sinking it in the swimming pool when I was a kid.

Thanks! Devilfish was always one of my favorites as well as Beachhead. I always liked Wetsuit too but didn’t pick him up until a couple years ago. 

#24 Is First Firefly and Wild Weasel. I’m thinking of hanging up my Rattler to go with the book

Question about G.I Joe #1. I have a really nice copy I picked up a few years ago at an antique store. It has a couple spine bends from being stored upright without a backing, but even so, I would probably grade it at a 9.4, no lower than 9.2...

...except the top staple is broken. 

Now, I took a close look at the book today (for the first time) and I'd swear the comic had never been opened before. It's as tight as a drumhead, with bright white pages. I feel fairly sure that the staple was broken during the production process, rather than after it was purchased.

My question is: are broken staples a known production defect with G.I. Joe #1? I've read another thread on here about there being two sizes of staples on the issue, but I didn't see anything about broken staples. 

Thanks!