• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,337 posts in this topic

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:10 PM, Crimebuster said:

I do now!

You can see the top staple askew here, as it's snapped cleanly off where the bend should be. 

gij 1 fc.jpg

Having been the person who noted the extra large staple variant, I can't say I've noticed a broken staple trend.   I think I saw one with only a single staple once.  This is likely an isolated thing.

3 hours ago, whisp said:

So finally got a #129.  This was the last book I needed of my first print 155 run.  :) The shape of it was listed as 9.0.  Front and inside was nice and just a bit of staining on the back cover bottom.  It will do though since this book was such a pain to find.  :) Final pic is where I stand and what I need now.

129front.jpg

129back.jpg

155list.jpg

Congrats! Finishing a run is so satisfying, and this is a really fun series.

4 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Congrats! Finishing a run is so satisfying, and this is a really fun series.

Thanks.  I was checking it more seems a bit of dmg to front as well :(.  Oh well One day I will upgrade it.  Looks like water dmg.

129frontdmg.jpg

129backdmg.jpg

Edited by whisp

17 hours ago, whisp said:

Thanks.  I was checking it more seems a bit of dmg to front as well :(.  Oh well One day I will upgrade it.  Looks like water dmg.

129frontdmg.jpg

129backdmg.jpg

Yeah, that blows, but hey, it's a place holder. You'll upgrade in time.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2006 at 9:29 PM, CJ said:

GI JOE 2 was supposedly scarce

-- I dont know how true that is, but when they were Hot (the first time around)

it was the most $$$ issue

I remember seeling 1's for 20.00 and 2 for 50-65.00 at every show I brought them.

It may have been just classic under order from issue 1, which is common

I remember that.  A big deal that the ads in comics had #2 at 40, when #1 was 20 or 30.

I don't know what happened to this Pop Culture Shock Baroness. The concept was good.

978681770_baronessconceptpcs.jpg.85284e12a49d6f1f11f5b99098b3fda3.jpg

Perhaps more modern. But they want $550 for this?

baroness_gi-joe_gallery_5cc0bdf9de983.jpg.c4dd4015173847f16d0eee6c0b92edac.jpg

baroness_gi-joe_gallery_5cc0cdcc55f75.thumb.jpg.3a859fe88e4ecbb53ffe47ca4d4bb212.jpg

The face isn't attractive on either one. At first from the image I thought the statue was on bubble wrap. Then I realized they are waves. Seems to me like they would look better if they were stronger since she's in a battle sequence with the Moray sinking. And many statues do a good job with water and fire effects these days.

It doesn't look like Prime 1 Studio is going to make a Baroness. Snake Eyes is supposed to come out in the next few months if he isn't delayed again. I think I've said it before, I know others think the same. But whoever makes quality G.I. Joe figures or statues really needs to get these in the $100 to $150 range. I don't think there are enough G.I. Joe fans out there to sustain a $500+ statue or $200+ figure line. Especially when the releases aren't clear home run designs.

On 10/26/2018 at 9:24 AM, Capn17 said:

Long time ago I had the complete set of GI Joe comics.  Then stupidity came into play and I had to sell that portion of my collection (don't ask why, it was dumb move that really didn't help).

So now I am in the slow progress of recouping that portion of my collection.  I have recently obtain a high quality (imo) raw #155 that I've waited and waited on to fine a decent price on.  Happy to have this back in my collection.

GI155.jpg

Never came back to update this item.  I did get it back from CGC and was happy it came back as a 9.4.  Was hoping for a 9.0 or better.

pPZMxDWqayzqpy3yH24ejkMaM57udVmvoqLXmRnV

On top of that, I was able to upgrade my 8.5 #1 to a 9.6 and signed by legendary Larry Hama as well, thanks to a fellow boardie.  

tX-Qc3Pa6zAxi5JKBDg7znO_Njl3da3KODkrXtrN

13 hours ago, kimik said:

The #1's are the large staple variant variety.  

This book sold on Comic link recently. I posted this in the Comiclink 2019 thread but I wanted 'Joe fans to be aware of it, in case it hits the market again... 

Looks like CGC wants us to guess the printing!

RADB96D0201952_161642.jpg

Edited by Lobo1969

Does anyone know which books (and their printings) were made available in 3 packs (multi-packs)?

From what I recall getting:

21,22, 23 1st printing pack

2, 26, 27 2nd printing pack

17, 18, 19 2nd printing pack

10, 29, 30 2nd printing (not sure if this was a pack of only joes)

28?? Not sure.  

Thanks