• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,337 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BrooksR said:

It does look like it. 🤔 That’s Hawk on this cover, right?

Yes, that's Hawk. And it's a great issue actually. The scene depicted there is the fight at the end in which Cobra Commander sneaks up behind them and contemplates whether to shoot Hawk or Destro. He chooses Hawk, shoots him several times, and the issue ends on a cliffhanger. 

I won't read through 112 pages.

How much percentages have you completed your Marvel GI Joe a Real American Hero collection?

I sold one full set about four years ago and I have 2nd set which is about 95% complete.

Few books are tough to find NM or better.  I am missing 52, 88, 91, 108, 109, 110 and 149.

3 hours ago, JollyComics said:

How much percentages have you completed your Marvel GI Joe a Real American Hero collection?

I sold one full set about four years ago and I have 2nd set which is about 95% complete.

Few books are tough to find NM or better.  I am missing 52, 88, 91, 108, 109, 110 and 149.

I've been piecing the set together over the past 2-3 years. Cleaned out my locals, and picked off a few ebay lots here and there, it's been fun. Officially, I only need 154 and 9 to complete the 155 issue Marvel set. And I need 18 and 19 to complete Special Missions. There are a couple I'd like to upgrade condition on, 16 and 38 come to mind. And a handful of the early ones are in the 2nd printing with the black Spidey instead of the barcode or white Spidey, so I keep my eyes peeled for those as well.

I have a ton of doubles, including quite a few high numbers, even some extras in the 150s, but the only one I have that's on your list is 52. Sorry, homie. 

1 hour ago, profholt82 said:

I've been piecing the set together over the past 2-3 years. Cleaned out my locals, and picked off a few ebay lots here and there, it's been fun. Officially, I only need 154 and 9 to complete the 155 issue Marvel set. And I need 18 and 19 to complete Special Missions. There are a couple I'd like to upgrade condition on, 16 and 38 come to mind. And a handful of the early ones are in the 2nd printing with the black Spidey instead of the barcode or white Spidey, so I keep my eyes peeled for those as well.

I have a ton of doubles, including quite a few high numbers, even some extras in the 150s, but the only one I have that's on your list is 52. Sorry, homie. 

One book to fill is still good!   Ten years ago, no one really cared about it until NOW!

10 hours ago, profholt82 said:

Seems to be a lot of us collecting Joes.  I am trying to re-collect the collection I sold 15 years ago :( .

If you are willing to sell some of those high numbers, PM and see if we can come to a deal.  

18 hours ago, profholt82 said:

Nice slabs, JDW. The 26-27 Snake Eyes origin is one of my favorite comic arcs of all time. I'm glad it's been getting more recognition this past year. IDW even reprinted it a while back. 

The Snake Eyes: Declassified was a good read too.  May try to pick up the 6 issues again.

18 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Missing ten issues of the regular series: 85, 93, 120, 121, 123, 132, 149, 151, 152, and 154. I can find all of these, if there was no concern about condition or price.  Some of the 2nd prints are tough to find -that will be a fun challenge once I get done with the main set. 

21 hours ago, JollyComics said:

That makes me wonder, what (if any) issues are especially hard to find in high grade? 

7 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Yep!  I sold #154 FN for $110.

Damn! Next time warn a brutha! I totally would have bought that from you. I recall you beating me to one in one of those f5 sale threads a couple weeks back. That book keeps eluding me.

If you want that extra 52 I've got, just holler.

14 minutes ago, profholt82 said:

Damn! Next time warn a brutha! I totally would have bought that from you. I recall you beating me to one in one of those f5 sale threads a couple weeks back. That book keeps eluding me.

That's me however I will receive it soon. Foolkiller has not provided me the tracking number. As soon as I receive it, I will pick the best one out of two.

2 hours ago, profholt82 said:

I'm thinking of selling the two I bought. 

Though I love Joe, not sure I want to complete a full comic set (too much of a completionist).  

May add a post in the sell thread. 

Patrick