• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

I only had 70s comics of my uncle's as a little kid, but GI Joe 24 and 25 were the only new comics I had at the time. I read these things a million times and as I got older became sort of obsessed with the baroness in these panels haha

062.jpg

063.jpg

NYCC

Larry Hama

Artist Alley B-9

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I already know what commission I am asking for this year.

He brings a 8x11 paper for sketching...

So far I have in my collection:

GI Joe 21: Signature Series CGC 9.4

Snake Eyes Sketch 8x11

Storm Shadow Sketch 8x11

Snake Eyes Issue 21 Cover Recreation 8x11

This year I am thinking of Tunnel Rat, Scarlett or Cobra Commander, I know art wise he is very familiar with those characters. If he is up to it I would be down for Clutch and the Vamp but we will see.

Yeah, that's why it's my first choice as of now.

He mentioned to me last year that he gets a lot of requests for Cobra Commander kicking a puppy so I know he is familiar with that but I don't think I would want that.

I am leaning on a Tunnel Rat and a second sketch to be determined the day of.

Encouraged my friend to take the second spot I was going to grab.

I took a Tunnel Rat he took "Your Choice". Hama sketched him a Lady Jaye. Here is Tunnel Rat though....

IMG_3502.jpg

Apparently the IDW Hardcover "Complete GI Joe" Series has ended due to lack of support. What a shame.

It was spoken about on Hisstank.com

Apparently the IDW Hardcover "Complete GI Joe" Series has ended due to lack of support. What a shame.

Not surprised especially when it comes to the modern ones. Lot of those books are $2-$4 in the longboxes so why pay $50 when you can get them cheaper. I see the hardcovers already be discounted as well usually around half price.

Then you look at the arah reprints and while maybe the first and second volume is ok you can get the softcover for like $15 a volume and in certain numbers of the 155 you can find those original books at $2 a piece for decent quality originals and get it cheaper in the end.

:)

Not surprised especially when it comes to the modern ones. Lot of those books are $2-$4 in the longboxes so why pay $50 when you can get them cheaper. I see the hardcovers already be discounted as well usually around half price.

Then you look at the arah reprints and while maybe the first and second volume is ok you can get the softcover for like $15 a volume and in certain numbers of the 155 you can find those original books at $2 a piece for decent quality originals and get it cheaper in the end.

Bad news indeed, I was planning to get all of them. But as you say, I guess there isn't much point in them when most of the issues you can find in the dollar box.

Bad news indeed, I was planning to get all of them. But as you say, I guess there isn't much point in them when most of the issues you can find in the dollar box.

Ugh! I hate when they do that! :censored:

I have Volumes 1-8 already and will pick up Volume 9 soon... I do not see any solicitations for Volume 10 but will happily grab it as soon as it is available.

If this is true I thought about scrapping what I have purchases so far but then I realized that the product is too good to get rid of especially with the commentary at the end of each 'chapter'. Over on Hisstank I would probably finish of the series by picking up the softcover collections without the commentary to have a complete run. I too was really hoping to have a full set of these but can still be happy with what was released.

It is like the Superman Omnibus.

DC has been reprinting the Superman stories in publication order so each volume gets you a mix of Action Comics and Superman Comics. I do not expect them to finish out the run though but I will pick up Volume 2 eventually and maybe the next couple.

A full run of GI Joe in the format they were releasing it in would be nice though.