• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

I got these back from the Long Beach con :cloud9:

The really cool artist Scott Koblish was there, and I remembered he inked some Joe books from the original Marvel series.

Storm Shadow. I asked Koblish to imagine what Snake Eyes was looking at when he was on that building on the cover of the GI Joe Special. :acclaim:

:applause:

<a  href=IMG_7296_zpscwthxhky.jpg' alt='IMG_7296_

:applause: You always get some awesome sketch covers!

Thanks! (thumbs u I'm just focused on getting G.I. Joe sketches by Joe artists now. I'm aiming for the original Marvel series artists and inkers. Wait until you see the next four sketches I got! I never thought I would get sketches by this G.I. Joe artist, as I've never seen him attend a comic con in all the years I've been looking for him. :whistle: I'll post them as soon as they arrive to me. (thumbs u

For those that may not follow the Original Art thread, I just listed a full set of preliminary art from G.I. Joe #21 by Mike Zeck including the super detailed cover that was used on issues #20 and 21.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1360024

I also listed some early Transformers pages from the original mini-series. The page from issue #2 already sold, but the page from #3 with Black Spidey is still available.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1360040

Just wanted to make sure this group of collectors was aware.

:applause: You always get some awesome sketch covers!

Thanks! (thumbs u I'm just focused on getting G.I. Joe sketches by Joe artists now. I'm aiming for the original Marvel series artists and inkers. Wait until you see the next four sketches I got! I never thought I would get sketches by this G.I. Joe artist, as I've never seen him attend a comic con in all the years I've been looking for him. :whistle: I'll post them as soon as they arrive to me. (thumbs u

I'm excited to see them! (worship)

These are some serious grail sketches for me. :cloud9: I recall reading G.I. Joe's "Snake Eyes Trilogy" time and time again when those three issues came out. Remember how Snake Eyes ended up with a new uniform during that storyline? hm I also really remember the art by M.D. Bright in those and other seminal issues in the original Marvel series. To me, Mark Bright was always kind of a mystery in G.I. Joe land. In all my years of collecting I never saw Mr. Bright appear at ANY comic con. Until earlier this year... :o Could it happen? Could I actually get some sketches by one of my favorite Joe artists ever?

Yes! :acclaim: Here's Snake Eyes in his "Trilogy" uniform as drawn by the awesome Mark Bright!

:fear:

<a  href=IMG_7358_zpsutplkyfj.jpg' alt='IMG_7358_

These are some serious grail sketches for me. :cloud9: I recall reading G.I. Joe's "Snake Eyes Trilogy" time and time again when those three issues came out. Remember how Snake Eyes ended up with a new uniform during that storyline? hm I also really remember the art by M.D. Bright in those and other seminal issues in the original Marvel series. To me, Mark Bright was always kind of a mystery in G.I. Joe land. In all my years of collecting I never saw Mr. Bright appear at ANY comic con. Until earlier this year... :o Could it happen? Could I actually get some sketches by one of my favorite Joe artists ever?

Yes! :acclaim: Here's Snake Eyes in his "Trilogy" uniform as drawn by the awesome Mark Bright!

:fear:

<a  href=IMG_7358_zpsutplkyfj.jpg' alt='IMG_7358_

Sweet! I kept looking for Bright for a few years hoping he would attend a convention so I could get a SS book from him but never saw him anywhere. Great job and awesome sketches!

(thumbs u Thanks fellas! Here are the other two I had Mark Bright create. I remember how thrilling it was to see the iconic cover to issue #93. I was going to finally see what Snake Eyes looked like! So, I asked Mr. Bright for a sketch recreation and here you go. :acclaim:(worship)

:o I asked Mr. Bright for a recreation for that iconic (to me) panel, and here it is! :o:applause:

<a  href=IMG_7347_zpsvvsaqrvl.jpg' alt='IMG_7347_

Really different commission choices. I do not mean that in a bad way. These are definitely not the cookie cutter requests. These are unique and definitely important to the storyline.

I am genuinely impressed.

I have to step up my request game.

(thumbs u Thanks fellas! Here are the other two I had Mark Bright create. I remember how thrilling it was to see the iconic cover to issue #93. I was going to finally see what Snake Eyes looked like! So, I asked Mr. Bright for a sketch recreation and here you go. :acclaim:(worship)

:o I asked Mr. Bright for a recreation for that iconic (to me) panel, and here it is! :o:applause:

:headbang: