• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did you get at Mid Ohio?

26 posts in this topic

I managed to get in a couple of hours at Mid Ohio yesterday. Unfortunately, I've got things going on all weekend and that's all I'm going to be able to spare.

In my brief visit it seemed like there were more high quality SA and GA dealers than last year. And other than a couple of WAAAAAAY overpriced booths, prices seemed at least reasonable.

I snagged a handful of nice books...

It's a good day when I can add an early DC sci-fi book to my collection!

MIS5.jpg

I picked up a super-glossy World's Finest 91 with an intense pink cover. Probably around a F/VF, but my scanner is broken. The Dudeman approved it.

A favorite cover of mine :acclaim:

wf91.jpg

Great comics, JohnT! I especially love the MGA #47 with the date stamp and owner's stamp. Even if it's not the Rockford pedigree copy, those stamps really add history to the book, in my opinion.

My trip to the Mid-Ohio-Con was mostly for meeting old friends and comic book creators this year, but I did manage to buy three books for myself.

Weird Mysteries #1

weird-mysteries-1.jpg

Weird Mysteries #3

weird-mysteries-3.jpg

Worlds of Fear #3 (Great art by George Evans in this one!)

worlds-of-fear-3.jpg

Great comics, JohnT! I especially love the MGA #47 with the date stamp and owner's stamp. Even if it's not the Rockford pedigree copy, those stamps really add history to the book, in my opinion.

My trip to the Mid-Ohio-Con was mostly for meeting old friends and comic book creators this year, but I did manage to buy three books for myself.

Weird Mysteries #1

weird-mysteries-1.jpg

Weird Mysteries #3

weird-mysteries-3.jpg

Worlds of Fear #3 (Great art by George Evans in this one!)

worlds-of-fear-3.jpg

Nice books! Three awesome covers. I was tempted to dip my toe into the pre-code horror genre Saturday. It's probably just a matter of time.