• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else excited about the new GI Joe series from IDW?

73 posts in this topic

I'm really looking forward to it. GI Joe was my world as a kid and what got me into comics. I was disappointed when I heard it was a reboot at first, but now after the interviews I've really come around on it.

I'm hoping to get a couple of copies of the #0 signed by Gage at WWTX.

I am a huge fan and pretty pissed they are rebooting the whole thing. I also don't like how IDW does Transformers with 6 issue arcs and then a new series. They also have like 2000 different TF series going on at one time and I really hope they don't do this with GI JOE. 2 Cents coming from a huge GI JOE fan!!

Link? I searched but could not find it on newsarama.

I've been reading the interviews over at Newsarama about IDW's three new, completely rebooted GI Joe titles. I haven't read Joe as a kid, but I'm sort of excited about the new series.

Link? I searched but could not find it on newsarama.

I've been reading the interviews over at Newsarama about IDW's three new, completely rebooted GI Joe titles. I haven't read Joe as a kid, but I'm sort of excited about the new series.

part one:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090812-IDWGIJoe1.html

part two:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090815-GIJoe2.html

Im looking forward to it. I did like the reboot at first, but since they have Larry Hama doing it, it should be alright. Im sure somethings will work out the same and others will have a brand new take. As long as issue 21 is a silent issue, everything should be good. :)

A bunch of marvel comics went up to 3.99 too. When I was at my lcs it was mentioned that amazing spiderman went from 2.99 to 3.99. Its not even hard stock cover either and the part that gets me is that this series is 3 times a month. What I gather from all this is Marvel is getting very very very very greedy. VERY Anyways a bunch of books are going up in price.