• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 1 Club?
22 22

1,041 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, KirbyJack said:

Nice books all, Lambo! I, too, started acquiring silver age in the late 80s. 

Nothing as pretty as your stuff, tho! Congrats!

Brother I wish I could go back. I would be much more selective for sure. I would look at books and if they were complete and had the cover , that was good enough for me. Lol 

15 minutes ago, Lamborghinikid said:

Brother I wish I could go back. I would be much more selective for sure. I would look at books and if they were complete and had the cover , that was good enough for me. Lol 

It was all about having everything, for me.

I remember passing over high grade stuff so I could get 2 or 3 beaters. Thank God I was a little pickier about FFs!

34 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

my copy of ASM 1 - sucks that it has restoration would like to maybe see if it can be removed. 

89E290E4-09B4-4489-A2B4-9237F3094444.thumb.jpeg.5f549f92feab4f5437772c1a678a6428.jpg

Nice looking copy for the grade. I would have thought a tear seal would have received a Conserved Grade ?

On 10/10/2018 at 8:11 AM, Lamborghinikid said:

I bought this book in the late 80s. I have read it at least 10 times. It’s not the best copy in the world but it makes me smile when I think about that day I got it. It came back from cgc yesterday. 

BB46C8C4-5992-4ADF-8C1E-F2BF444F7E6A.jpeg

They’re meant to be read so good on ya!(thumbsu

46 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I went for it tonight and finally got myself a ticket to this club!

659210293_AmazingSpider-Man1CGC7.0.thumb.jpg.9d6ae0a1f273c65803bde8a5728895e3.jpg

Honest question -- does anybody else think this book would look better without that tiny piece that's sticking up from the top edge, looking like it might not even be attached?  My OCD is going a little crazy here.

Thats a pretty 7.0. I'd take a look at the grading notes on it and see if anything could be pressed it. White pages, corners look sharp, spine looks good. It shows better than the grade imo. If there are simply some bends or rippling, a press would knock it out.

Congrats!

16 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Thats a pretty 7.0. I'd take a look at the grading notes on it and see if anything could be pressed it. White pages, corners look sharp, spine looks good. It shows better than the grade imo. If there are simply some bends or rippling, a press would knock it out.

Congrats!

Thank you.  I think the back cover looks really solid too.

1462058804_AmazingSpider-Man1CGC7_0b.thumb.jpg.42687c3b1c4fd1ea77e513f041740f65.jpg