• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 1 Club?
22 22

1,041 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Relating to your comment, here's an oft-quoted phrase: "It's not the greatest, but at least I have one!" I've made that comment about several of my Marvel keys.

I couldn't agree more. It was between getting a grade like this one or not getting one at all. Its a no brainer in my opinion 

On 10/29/2019 at 4:47 PM, Nick H (UK) said:

just about squeezed in to the club with this apparent 1.0 pence copy signed by Stan the Man

anyone of you experts have any thoughts on value?

IMG_2196.jpeg

Nice book!

I sometimes wonder what the point is of putting a purple label and the word "apparent" on any book below a certain grade (say, 2.0).  That book is probably a 1.0 with or without whatever "restoration" was put into it.

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Nice book!

I sometimes wonder what the point is of putting a purple label and the word "apparent" on any book below a certain grade (say, 2.0).  That book is probably a 1.0 with or without whatever "restoration" was put into it.

I agree. It was hard to care about the color touch on my copy of Adventure 247 when Saturn Girl had a magic marker arrow thru her head.

3 hours ago, spracknetch23 said:

Awesome choice. Mine has a non-story coupon clipped, but it made it a lot more attainable to me. No regrets.

Oh yeah, none whatsoever. Just happy to be a part of the club and finally fill a huge missing piece in my ASM collection. 

Hello all , does anyone have the notes on ASM #1 cgc 7.5 on comicconnect ? cgc # 2086623001 . was this an upgrade from a 7.0 ???

as most new books hitting the auctions are upgrades. Just want to see is anyone knows the history of this book.

12 hours ago, spidyfan06 said:

Hello all , does anyone have the notes on ASM #1 cgc 7.5 on comicconnect ? cgc # 2086623001 . was this an upgrade from a 7.0 ???

as most new books hitting the auctions are upgrades. Just want to see is anyone knows the history of this book.

WOW!

That ASM1 7.5w @ CC looks great.

Way better than mine. whosad.png&key=2ae66d795f4e0d21fad418219

For comparison, my 7.5ow

HPIM0282 (2).JPG

Edited by Chaos_in_Canada

HPIM0282 (2).JPG

with the right lighting I would say your book is as nice ,.... 

the CC copy looks like there is a tear on the S near the staple of Spider-Man

Also, I think the PQ is a scam , who is to say this White Page will not be Cream in a few more years.

1203042950_ASM17_5F.thumb.jpg.740d114065be77399eb2a158f27a2476.jpgf

1 hour ago, spidyfan06 said:

HPIM0282 (2).JPG

with the right lighting I would say your book is as nice ,.... 

the CC copy looks like there is a tear on the S near the staple of Spider-Man

Also, I think the PQ is a scam , who is to say this White Page will not be Cream in a few more years.

1203042950_ASM17_5F.thumb.jpg.740d114065be77399eb2a158f27a2476.jpgf

Psst...I think there's a tape pull on the back. goldblum.png&key=6601f5eb294e40b6c4c4edf

Untitled-asm1b.jpg

Edited by Chaos_in_Canada

On 5/8/2020 at 10:04 AM, KirbyJack said:

I agree. It was hard to care about the color touch on my copy of Adventure 247 when Saturn Girl had a magic marker arrow thru her head.

KirbyJack,

If your book has been graded by CGC, you might want to think about resubmitting it. Based on what I have read, CGC usually considers it to be color touch if the color was added to improve the look of the book. But, also knowing you, I'll bet dollars to donuts that your copy is raw. Still a great book to have!

28 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

But, also knowing you, I'll bet dollars to donuts that your copy is raw. Still a great book to have!

It was raw. It was my first DC key, bought when the earth was young.