• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 1 Club?
22 22

1,041 posts in this topic

I bought mine in about 1988 for $90 with money from my first real job. My brother called and told me that he had seen it on the wall, and I had to wait until I got out of work to go look at it. It was painful! I called the shop every hour until the guy finally got sick of me and offered to hold it for me. I bought this book, and my copies of ASM #5 (just came back a 5.0 from CGC) and #14 (really nice but likely trimmed on top) for a grand total of $150. Those were the days. This was my single best day of buying books, ever, and I doubt I could ever repeat it. Certainly not for the money!

ASM01CGC.jpg

I bought mine in about 1988 for $90 with money from my first real job. My brother called and told me that he had seen it on the wall, and I had to wait until I got out of work to go look at it. It was painful! I called the shop every hour until the guy finally got sick of me and offered to hold it for me. I bought this book, and my copies of ASM #5 (just came back a 5.0 from CGC) and #14 (really nice but likely trimmed on top) for a grand total of $150. Those were the days. This was my single best day of buying books, ever, and I doubt I could ever repeat it. Certainly not for the money!

Cool story; I had a day like that once... :cloud9:

Makes it all worth it.

ASM01CGC.jpg

Dang! That's a great looking 3.0 copy. I'd love to own a copy in that grade that looks so nice. Congrats!