• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 1 Club?
22 22

1,041 posts in this topic

Got this copy in 2009. Upgraded from a 7.0 which I had had for about 7 years:

ASM1KEEPER.jpg

If this is some trend... after 8.5 years you have to upgrade again... :gossip:

lol I like that + it'll give me time to save up for that next monster!! :o:ohnoez: (thumbs u

AmazingSpider-Man1CGCFront.jpg

Made a deal with Dr. Balls tonight for this book. Looking forward to getting it in. I'll have Stan sign it at Heroes. Then it's time to start the climb hope to end up with a 4.0 when it's all said and done.

Made a deal with Dr. Balls tonight for this book. Looking forward to getting it in. I'll have Stan sign it at Heroes. Then it's time to start the climb hope to end up with a 4.0 when it's all said and done.

Yeah i should of took that when it was offered its a great book looking book too congrats on it

Yeah i should of took that when it was offered its a great book looking book too congrats on it

Thanks man, there was literally no thinking on my part. He offered it I looked it over and decided it was the nicest 1.8 I had seen. So we worked out a deal I traded him some cash and some art for it.

Thanks man, there was literally no thinking on my part. He offered it I looked it over and decided it was the nicest 1.8 I had seen. So we worked out a deal I traded him some cash and some art for it.

Yeah i was just being stupid i wasnt payin attention to pm's enough i shoulld of jsut said yes either way its in good hands im sure of it. but i learned my lesson the hard way and its a great looking 1.8

Thanks I was very pleased I had 2800 set aside for a 3.0 so I am still looking to upgrade. Ill probably ship it to JerseyComicBoy when I get to the 3.0 level. Jason has it heading my way Monday so I am going to crack it open and let Stan sign away at Heroes.

Edited by dscott

Does having Stan lee sign this book really help its collectibility and/or price? I just picked up a slabbed 4.0 of this and considered having him sign it at Philly comic con (had him

Sign my AvX #1 1:200 and a copy of SW #8). I changed my mind when I realized exactly how much mess he signs. That and coupled with the fact that a key book like this, in my opinion, really should be left untouched.

Does having Stan lee sign this book really help its collectibility and/or price? I just picked up a slabbed 4.0 of this and considered having him sign it at Philly comic con (had him

Sign my AvX #1 1:200 and a copy of SW #8). I changed my mind when I realized exactly how much mess he signs. That and coupled with the fact that a key book like this, in my opinion, really should be left untouched.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the matter. I personally like Stan Lee and what he has done for the hobby I get stuff signed by him because of that. Cash wise you can check GPAnalysis.com and see that most of his stuff does in fact sell for more after he has signed it.

I actually have plans to get every book in my signature line signed by him at some point. Once I have 4.0s in all my keys and I am sure they will keep the grade once cracked. I plan to start deslabbing and having him sign them.