• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

52 pagers in thicker case

2 posts in this topic

I've just received my fourth 52 page DC Adams Batman in a thicker. My question is this, have they started to put the 52 pagers in thicher cases now? I have several other 52 page comics in slabs that do not have the thicker case..Why are they doing this now, have there been problems before? Thanks for any info.. (shrug)

• Administrator

Each book is evaluated during the grading and encapsulation process and the best form of encapsulation is selected. Since each comic can have a unique quality (size, thickness, fragility, paper quality, overall construction) then it is possible that the same books are encapsulated in different methods (either with the recessed inner well or in the un-recessed inner well and either in the thinner or thicker outer holder) but ultimately the safest encapsulation is selected for each book that we grade.