• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(Eclipse) Question from Clueless on Copper ...

9 posts in this topic

So, I was able to pick up the complete run of Zot! last week for a song and I started to read it.

On the back pages, there are ads for both: Aztec Ace and Mrs. Tree.

Both series sound like stories I would really enjoy. Was Aztec Ace any good?

Thanks.

I have never read any Aztec Ace but some of the Ms. Tree stories are pretty good and can also be picked up for a song. For that matter pretty much any Eclipse book can be found for $.50 cents a pop other than Miracleman. You should check out the horror and sci-fi anthologies too! I even have a soft spot for Dnagents.

Ms Tree (and not Mrs) is a great read. Pretty straightforward hard-boiled crime stories with a whodunnit feel, featuring nice clean art by the very underrated Terry Beatty.

Aztec Ace is simply brilliant! A fantastic, complex story by Doug Moench, with fabulous art by Michael Hernandez and great covers by Dan Day. Personally, I rank it among the best comics of the 80's. I honestly believe it was miles ahead of its time and I feel it would've fared much better commercially, if it was published a decade later.

Grab both titles whenever you find them. They're cheap and will make for hours of great reading. As are most Eclipse titles. :cloud9:

Aztec Ace was great. The whole line was great. I can hardly believe that there is so little interest in them today. I wouldn't say they were the EC's of the '80's but they tried.

Yesterday I received a complete run I bought on eBay of Aztec Ace after people recommended I do try it. I read the first issue and the premise is interesting. I can't wait to find the time to read the rest. (thumbs u