• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goon appreciation thread :)
5 5

1,060 posts in this topic

yeah, that dude shouldn't have had his auction end during the 4th quarter of the superbowl! lol I actually brought my laptop with me to my buddy's place JUST to bid on that book (:

my friends all called me retarded when i was looking on feebay during the superbowl (:

PhiGam, do you still rank Goon above Walking Dead like you mentioned in the first post?

anyone mind giving a quick rundown of what Goon is about. thanks!

yes, i personally prefer Goon over the Walking dead...but let it be known that I love WD.

Currently, I'd have to say that my top 5 fav books coming out right now are:

1. Invincible

2. RASL

3. Goon

4. Dark Tower: Treachery

5. Walking Dead

Goon climbed up the ranks pretty quickly, i must say...I can't really say ANYTHING negative about this book...it comes out on time, the writing is awesome, the art is amazing, the characters...well, everything about this book is good....and i'm picky as hell (:

Goon climbed up the ranks pretty quickly, i must say...I can't really say ANYTHING negative about this book...it comes out on time, the writing is awesome, the art is amazing, the characters...well, everything about this book is good....and i'm picky as hell (:

Sometimes he makes sense. Even if he finishes with that dumb upside-down smiley.

Sometimes he makes sense. Even if he finishes with that dumb upside-down smiley.

(: slightly off topic...do you guys consider goon a super-hero book? I would say no, but some of the story arcs scream super-hero on the surface...

oh, and just for the record....Invincible would beat the :censored: out of Goon in a fist-fight (: (:

(: slightly off topic...do you guys consider goon a super-hero book? I would say no, but some of the story arcs scream super-hero on the surface...

oh, and just for the record....Invincible would beat the :censored: out of Goon in a fist-fight (: (:

If I were to categorize Goon, which I wouldn't as it is so cross-genre, unique, and original, I would peg it as Comedy or Horror before calling it a Superhero book.

I think the fact that the Goon covers so many bases is what makes it so appealing.

It is interesting that the popularity of the Goon is skyrocketing at the same time Horror-Comedies are all the rage in the film world.

Films like Shaun of the Dead, Severance, Fido, Teeth, and (at this years Sundance) Grace really blur the lines between Horror and Comedy. The mixture is just such a hit right now, and I am glad to see artists being rewarded for creating such multidimensional works that are really redefining the genre.

scored an avatar #1 CGC 9.6 off feebay yesterday, and just got this beauty in on Saturday (:

Nice book and signature!

Here are 2 TPBs I have that Eric signed on the cover and did a sketch on the inside front page :banana:

goon4tp.jpg

goon4tp-1.jpg

goon5tp.jpg

goon5tp-1.jpg