• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,895 posts in this topic

On 2/15/2018 at 12:26 PM, Brian48 said:

Warlord 26.  Yep.  I know what you're thinking.  So what.  It's a $1 dollar drek book.  That I'd agree, however, it was the last one I needed.........  Hopefully I'll have time this summer to read through the run.

warlord 26.jpg

warlord run.jpg

One of my favorite artist to talk to. Mike Grell is a great guy. Love the series as well. I had the first ten signed by him a few years ago. 

Went to an LCS a few towns over and went through the boxes. 75% of his books had no price marked on them. So I pull some books and ask about prices. The guy behind the counter says he can't mark them, only the owner can.  he says leave the books and the owner will price them and call me. Really??

So I was about to leave when the owner comes in. I ask him to look at the books and give me a price. He pulls out the OSPG and starts looking books up ..... :flipbait:

I had a copy of Amazing adventures #11 in about 6.5, to give you an idea on prices he was asking he wanted $100 ( GPA on a slab is less than that: $81 ).  As he gives his prices, I am like "no thank you", "no thank you"...

Well I haven't looked at OSPG in years as the prices have no basis in reality. But apparently they missed very badly on Black Lightning #1. He wanted $10 a piece for these.  Looks about 9.2 and pressable .:x

IMG_0577.JPG