• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,894 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Shinwar said:

After 4 months my TMNT #1 3rd printing finally returned home from being graded.

29388638_2112122682136849_2562289626647625728_n.jpg

TMNT is in copper forum.... but congrats! There is an ongoing TMNT thread in the copper forum. :foryou:

On 3/19/2018 at 12:40 AM, Ovrclck said:

Mail call today. I hope these pick up in value soon. I know they won't be Mister Miracle territory but one can hope.

newgods1.thumb.jpg.8ecfdd49f3b14c1a15c929821f5b1f34.jpgng1f.thumb.jpg.33a991f1ff57218759e2d3a1865147fc.jpg

I am really astonished that, excluding Jimmy Olsen #134 (an overrated book IMO), this is not the leading book in the 4th World saga.  We're talking about Orion here.  Second only to Darkseid in importance with the New Gods universe.  Instead, you have first appearances of B and C characters like Steppenwolf, Big Barda, Black Racer, and others being more sought after than NG #1.  Unbelievable.

1 hour ago, nepatkm said:

Added a Conan the Barbarian #3

Conan the Barbarian #03 (2).jpg

Love Conan #3.  A much better story than either #1 or #2.  Would have been nice if they adjusted the story a little bit and used this one to introduce Conan instead of the weak "introductory" story they used for Conan #1.

One weird thing about this issue is that most copies seem to have that annoying clockwise tilt to the cover.  I thought it was just the wrap being bad, but looking at this copy where the visible, white binder border is fairly straight from top/down, if not slightly tilted counter-clockwise, I see that the clockwise tilt is still there.  I guess this is how the original artwork for the cover was laid out and gives an illusion of a miswrap. 

1 hour ago, Getoutandstayout said:

How did you manage getting an X-Men 94 in there with all that other at only $50.00?

I have a secret strategy; 1. I shop at great stores that price right, and 2. I buy low grade comics!

I still prefer owning plenty of bad originals to a handful of high graders. Not a great financial tactic, but it makes for fun collecting!

On 3/26/2018 at 3:55 PM, KirbyJack said:

I have a secret strategy; 1. I shop at great stores that price right, and 2. I buy low grade comics!

I still prefer owning plenty of bad originals to a handful of high graders. Not a great financial tactic, but it makes for fun collecting!

I am the same way 

there is a lot less downside risk the lower the grade you buy....