• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,865 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

I was finally able to reacquire GS X-Men #1. I had to sell my other copy last year for financial reasons. I used part of my income tax refund to get another. I went from a 5.5 to a 4.5 - but I'm just glad to have one again before Marvel Studios announces a Disney-produced X-Men movie in the works. It's funny - I had to spend an extra $200 for this one over the 5.5, and it was a full point lower than the one I bought a year ago. This comic is really rising in price fast.

GS-X-Men-1-4-5.png

Congrats on re-acquiring a lost friend! Smart move like you said, this book is gonna explode! :banana:

20 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

I was finally able to reacquire GS X-Men #1. I had to sell my other copy last year for financial reasons. I used part of my income tax refund to get another. I went from a 5.5 to a 4.5 - but I'm just glad to have one again before Marvel Studios announces a Disney-produced X-Men movie in the works. It's funny - I had to spend an extra $200 for this one over the 5.5, and it was a full point lower than the one I bought a year ago. This comic is really rising in price fast.

GS-X-Men-1-4-5.png

54 minutes ago, Ovrclck said:

Congrats on re-acquiring a lost friend! Smart move like you said, this book is gonna explode! :banana:

It's amazing, I can remember it being fairly expensive in 2016, I don't have gpaanalysis to see the history. 

I can only hope to ride the wave with the rest of you! :wishluck:

Best of luck! Edit oh and CONGRATS 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/6/2019 at 8:46 AM, billbrown7080 said:

I was going through my Adventure comics recently looking for any Giant 80 pagers or 52 Spectaculars(I only went through my Adventure comics once back in 2013, at the time,for some reason, I didnt pay attention to the Giant 80 pagers or 52 Spectaculars, But they are now noticeable higher in value than regular issues, so I wanted to check and see what I had)

while going through Adventure, I found a near complete Spectre run that I somehow completely missed in 2013...

anyways I was happy to find them and add them to my KEYS

Also Found TMNT #1(3rd printing) and TMNT #4,5,7 and 8(all 1st Printing)....and again for some reason In 2013 I just didnt notice them...I slightly remember seeing The TMNT #1's but I saw that it was a 3rd printing and I think I assumed it didnt have any value....but I literally jus completely missed #4,5,7 and 8...have no clue how I totally missed them 6 years ago....

The #1 and #4 both had 2 copies...I kept one copy of each and am currently selling the other copies on ebay...But all 4 copies of #1 and #4 are probably 8.5 to 9.0's after a press, They have A Bend on top of the book...

I wouldnt mind picking up TMNT #2,3, 6, 9 and 10 now and completing the run...

what makes adventure comics spectre books KEYS?

On 3/2/2019 at 6:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I can remember it being fairly expensive in 2016, I don't have gpaanalysis to see the history.

Pretty sure every grade has increased significantly since then! I think it was mostly flat in '16. I usually follow 9.6, 9.8 & those have gone waayyy up

Fate Smiled upon me lastnight.

Was going through a Box of Silver Surfer Vol. 2....

and Found The Eternals #1,2,3 and 4...

When I first went through my collection in 2013 after I inherited it....I found quite a few books and Keys that Had 6 or more copies...

My grandfather would use I THINK Golden age Bags and Put 5 or more copies in 1 Bag(I know not the best practice) but I actually Found 11 Copies of Wolverine #1(limited Series) like this...and Had My heart broken when I found 2 Amazing Spider-Man 129's in a golden age bag that had a sticker on it that said "ASM 129-11 Copies"

lastnight I found The Eternals #1 the same way, It wasnt in a golden age bag, but all 4 copies were in the same bag with My grandfathers Usual "Sticker" on the front...

Im pretty sure I went through these in 2013, and simply didnt Pull The Eternal's out as Keys because at the time they werent worth anything...

needless to say, I'm pretty happy and Thankfully, The comic are in great conditioning and dont look like they suffered any damage from putting multiple comics in 1 bag in backer

20190327_092558.jpg

20190327_092808.jpg

20190327_092810.jpg

20190327_092624.jpg

On 3/27/2019 at 8:40 AM, billbrown7080 said:

Fate Smiled upon me lastnight.

Was going through a Box of Silver Surfer Vol. 2....

and Found The Eternals #1,2,3 and 4...

When I first went through my collection in 2013 after I inherited it....I found quite a few books and Keys that Had 6 or more copies...

My grandfather would use I THINK Golden age Bags and Put 5 or more copies in 1 Bag(I know not the best practice) but I actually Found 11 Copies of Wolverine #1(limited Series) like this...and Had My heart broken when I found 2 Amazing Spider-Man 129's in a golden age bag that had a sticker on it that said "ASM 129-11 Copies"

lastnight I found The Eternals #1 the same way, It wasnt in a golden age bag, but all 4 copies were in the same bag with My grandfathers Usual "Sticker" on the front...

Im pretty sure I went through these in 2013, and simply didnt Pull The Eternal's out as Keys because at the time they werent worth anything...

needless to say, I'm pretty happy and Thankfully, The comic are in great conditioning and dont look like they suffered any damage from putting multiple comics in 1 bag in backer

20190327_092558.jpg

20190327_092808.jpg

20190327_092810.jpg

20190327_092624.jpg

Nice find. Fun to be surprised at what's in your own collection. 

On 3/5/2019 at 12:49 PM, Kevin76 said:

Picked this up today in a trade/cash deal 

XMen101.jpg

Two comments, 1. WOW does this copy have great centering. ^^

2. Is that a tiny color breaking crease bottom right corner?  I'm just asking as 9.6s actually have defects, just wanted to ask what you thought about the book in hand?