• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,895 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I think this comic excellence is highly under rated.Sexy copy!

I agree. Love the cover to 135 as his second appearance and his third appearance here is the first time Punisher clearly kills someone as he wasn’t screwing about with those rubber bullets Spidey was always trying to get him to use.

46 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I still love comics and feel the tug to keep collecting, but I’ve been very disenchanted with the current state of the hobby for the last couple of years and can’t really bring myself to buy anything. 

Broke a long dry spell with this last week. Been looking for a nice copy off an on for quite awhile.  Wish it was a 9.8 but has a nice cover wrap and doesn’t have any obvious signs of wear. 

Without going into to detail, this is a very meaningful book for me.  

4B58101B-908A-4BFE-99AA-D892B01A9801.jpeg

Solid copy :)

glad you enjoy it! (thumbsu

we all have "those issues" that mean something

7 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I still love comics and feel the tug to keep collecting, but I’ve been very disenchanted with the current state of the hobby for the last couple of years and can’t really bring myself to buy anything. 

Broke a long dry spell with this last week. Been looking for a nice copy off an on for quite awhile.  Wish it was a 9.8 but has a nice cover wrap and doesn’t have any obvious signs of wear. 

Without going into to detail, this is a very meaningful book for me.  

4B58101B-908A-4BFE-99AA-D892B01A9801.jpeg

:banana::headbang: I always say it , You cant go wrong with DD !! Gratz my ninja... I am catching what your stressing and picking up what your putting down. I feel that way about the Frank Miller Elektra run:golfclap::acclaim:

On 11/21/2019 at 7:44 PM, Arak Zantara said:

Dearly beloved , we are gathered here today to join this Spawn 1 to this CGC 9.9 , in the bonds of holy smokes money.

If any man can give just cause against this , let them speak now or forever hold there piece ( more pictures and the thoughts of others over at "hey mister can you spare a grade)

20191121_085353.jpg

20191121_081953.jpg

I have a stack that look perfect to me. I suspect cgc would decide otherwise. I am beginning to think 9.9s are chosen randomly from 9.8s.. 1:500, 1:1000, depending on the book.

On 11/24/2019 at 5:05 PM, the blob said:

I have a stack that look perfect to me. I suspect cgc would decide otherwise. I am beginning to think 9.9s are chosen randomly from 9.8s.. 1:500, 1:1000, depending on the book.

I am with you brother. thats what happens anytime the difference is nominal or subjective to a persons mood ,whim ...its that point of diminishing return that is being argued over 

case in point. when the grade was 8.   8.5   9     9.5 anyone with more then a few years in the hobby knew ..certainly we old school from the 70's

12 hours ago, Arak Zantara said:

I am with you brother. thats what happens anytime the difference is nominal or subjective to a persons mood ,whim ...its that point of diminishing return that is being argued over 

case in point. when the grade was 8.   8.5   9     9.5 anyone with more then a few years in the hobby knew ..certainly we old school from the 70's

Having just bought a box of 50+ 9.4-9.8 books, I have come to the conclusion that grading above 9.2 is completely random. I have 9.8s with multiple spine ticks, cover indentations, etc. and perfect-looking 9.4s. 

On 11/27/2019 at 9:56 AM, SuperBird said:

Having just bought a box of 50+ 9.4-9.8 books, I have come to the conclusion that grading above 9.2 is completely random. I have 9.8s with multiple spine ticks, cover indentations, etc. and perfect-looking 9.4s. 

and if you happen to mention its more to make money for the numerous companies out there HELPING YOU .

I saw an ad yesterday for a guy who will send you a "customized report" read a combined Go-collect,eBay, comic shop du-jour spread. Now this report will do all the heavy lifting for you and tell you if you should or should not submit that comic for grading. and he hates to do it but because of the tremendous response he is getting ... He must charge you 2.99 a comic for his time and expertice ... SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

I