• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,893 posts in this topic

On 11/24/2019 at 5:05 PM, the blob said:

I have a stack that look perfect to me. I suspect cgc would decide otherwise. I am beginning to think 9.9s are chosen randomly from 9.8s.. 1:500, 1:1000, depending on the book.

I heard you had to do dinner with wine and give up the booty... Damn ..... now Ill never get one............................................I hate wine ;) JK   :smirk::devil:

22 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Yeah! I can dig it! If that's created an undercopy for you that's lying around, lemme know, Brian. I just need #1 and 2 now. Congrats!

This is the first #1 I've bought.  I got a great deal on it at a LCS.  Last year I picked these up at a SoCal convention for $10 each, so I've been trying to find more, but I'm pretty deal conscious when I buy most stuff...and I have great patience...B|

26164270028_2456887de7_c.jpg

25165704517_dae63b1139_c.jpg

10 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

This is the first #1 I've bought.  I got a great deal on it at a LCS.  Last year I picked these up at a SoCal convention for $10 each, so I've been trying to find more, but I'm pretty deal conscious when I buy most stuff...and I have great patience...B|

26164270028_2456887de7_c.jpg

25165704517_dae63b1139_c.jpg

Very cool; Fast Willies do seem to turn up fairly regularly but in very small numbers. I think it's fair to say they are tough books as Bronze goes. Patience can work for this run, except maybe #7, which in my experience is by far the least common. 

1 minute ago, Readcomix said:

Very cool; Fast Willies do seem to turn up fairly regularly but in very small numbers. I think it's fair to say they are tough books as Bronze goes. Patience can work for this run, except maybe #7, which in my experience is by far the least common. 

I haven't seen #7 yet...oh, wait, now I have.  There are 5 on ebay right now...but not for $10 each...:p

That's a lotta 7's...used to seeing maybe 1 or 2... But I never see them cheap. 

You need to visit large comic shops with lots of back issues.  They don't have time to keep up on every cool title, and you can find deals in them boxes...My #1 was $10...so I've never spent more than $10 on a FWJ...lol

46 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

You need to visit large comic shops with lots of back issues.  They don't have time to keep up on every cool title, and you can find deals in them boxes...My #1 was $10...so I've never spent more than $10 on a FWJ...lol

I was being nice and making conversation, Brian. I do know how to go to large comic shops and find bargains. I'm simply saying it's not the most common title relative to its Bronze Age peers, and 7 is the most difficult of them.

I was being nice and making conversation, Brian. I do know how to go to large comic shops and find bargains. I'm simply saying it's not the most common title relative to its Bronze Age peers, and 7 is the most difficult of them.

Ah...OK.  I was just trying to be helpful and make conversation...:foryou: