• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,897 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2008 at 11:11 PM, TupennyConan said:

Because we need a place to post our BA books!!

Here we go to kick off the thread: I'll post these sweet books I just bought tonight from Chris The_Beyonder!!

What a great thread I started. 

Getting the DD 165 a few weeks ago got the comic bug itching. I just got these in the mail yesterday. 

Sent from Canada to California loose in a used bubble mailer (still open at the end) inside another used bubble mailer (also still open at the end) sandwiches in between 2 small pieces of a chopped up Amazon box inside yet another used Amazon bubble mailer wrapped in a bunch packing tape. 

Amazingly, they arrived with no cracks in the case, though the cases are both pretty scratched and scuffed up. I’d be tempted to have them re-holdered but I probably paid too much for them to begin with. 

But I’m really happy with the books themselves. Usually with 9.4 Gold Key/Whitman’s you see color-breaking spine wear but that’s not the case here. Other than the the thin, light sun shadow on the top edge of the back cover of #9 these look pretty close to 9.6

Bird go!

8A85EF43-9066-4942-97AB-F24F1083DBB8.jpeg

393BF150-D2E2-4B6D-96F4-9075E84C2CCA.jpeg

7AF60C64-6EA1-438E-BE79-8158841B62ED.jpeg

290D11C5-CFA5-4775-9EEF-6D93CA6B02D8.jpeg

22 minutes ago, MR SigS said:

The last piece of my WBN run. From here I'm just upgrading. I'm not chasing grades, and most of the run is raw. I have two 5.0ish #32's I might use to upgrade, but the prices are just nuts. I'll probably just stick with what I have and upgrade the easy ones.

KKcd0Kl.jpg

That's pretty sweet :)

If you go all slabbed and decide to slab your raws, it'll still feel satisfying!

Satisfying now just to be able to pull out any book when you feel like it :headbang:

38 minutes ago, MR SigS said:

The last piece of my WBN run. From here I'm just upgrading. I'm not chasing grades, and most of the run is raw. I have two 5.0ish #32's I might use to upgrade, but the prices are just nuts. I'll probably just stick with what I have and upgrade the easy ones.

KKcd0Kl.jpg

I love Ploog's art. His Horror book are fantastic but his Full covers are the best. Great looking book.

On 12/11/2019 at 8:21 PM, MGsimba77 said:

I replaced my other 9.8 with this one. Unfortunately I have no information regarding the sig on page 1 nor do the previous owners :(

Happy holidays all! 🎃💥🎃💥

20191211_194903.jpg

20191211_193114.jpg

That’s a gorgeous copy regardless of the writing on page one. Would be icing on the cake if it was the actual John Romita.

Another two from ebay under the you grade it category that turned out to be really nice. The JLA 91 slides easily into the 7.0 range with off white pages. Not sure about the JLA 99 as it has a waviness to it from water damage which is visible on the inside of the covers. Still a nice reading copy cheap.

jla91.jpg

jla99.jpg