• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,888 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

There was a lady who lived around here, passed in 2013 at age 74, who collected comics. This was the kind of collecting that was pursued by buying new from the newstand. She was purchasing late silver and bronze in her 30's, while working as an Aerospace Engineer at NASA. She apparently gifted her comics to several different people, from family members and care givers. Anyone interested can google her obit ... her name was Jean Keating, and she was an amazing woman. From time to time one of the beneficiaries will sell some of them. So far, I've seen ASM's, Caps, Strange Tales and Doctor Strange, BA Horror from D.C., Swamp Thing, and recently, the Conan's walked into my friend's shop. I saw them on the wall and I asked if they were nice .... Mark said they were Keating Books... 'Nuff Said'. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Here's a few ...

DSCN8955.JPG

DSCN8956.JPG

DSCN8958.JPG

Some beautiful early Conan issues! :cloud9:

Got in a 9.6 WP Iron Fist 14 today as an upgrade for my 9.0 WP. Booked looked amazing on eBay and the price was great. The book looked almost as good in hand except for a shard of plastic inside the case. My OCD cannot handle that so back it goes for a re-holder. Man that sucks to not even have the book in hand for 12 hours before it goes back out in the mail. Sorry, just had to vent. And where else better to do it I suppose? 

A3E0CB44-7F40-4C96-A11F-0F895A8998DD.jpeg

762A30C9-9427-4D65-8ADB-025CE2C0D44A.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Summydad1 said:

Got in a 9.6 WP Iron Fist 14 today as an upgrade for my 9.0 WP. Booked looked amazing on eBay and the price was great. The book looked almost as good in hand except for a shard of plastic inside the case. My OCD cannot handle that so back it goes for a re-holder. Man that sucks to not even have the book in hand for 12 hours before it goes back out in the mail. Sorry, just had to vent. And where else better to do it I suppose? 

A3E0CB44-7F40-4C96-A11F-0F895A8998DD.jpeg

762A30C9-9427-4D65-8ADB-025CE2C0D44A.jpeg

I feel ya. I bought a 9.4 that arrived split in half and the seller wasnt happy either. I would have sent in for a reholder but it was no longer possible....

The whole slab all the way through to where you could slide the top and bottom half all the way off and just have the book in the inside mylar  :(

haven't ever been able to afford another one.... yet

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Slide

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I feel ya. I bought a 9.4 that arrived split in half and the seller wasnt happy either. I would have sent in for a reholder but it was no longer possible....

The whole slab all the way through to where you could slide the top and bottom half all the way off and just have the book in the inside mylar  :(

haven't ever been able to afford another one.... yet

Dang! Hopefully the book was still salvageable. I hate the let down when you open a package and you know its not gonna turn out nicely. One time I ordered a graded VALIANT book from a regular seller and when it came the box looked like the mail truck ran over the corner of it. As I opened the end of the box, plastic pieces of the slab sprinkled out on the table. Not a good sign. The seller thankfully had like 5 identical copies and just sent me another one. I haven’t ever had a holder split like that though. Sucks 

2 minutes ago, Summydad1 said:

Dang! Hopefully the book was still salvageable. I hate the let down when you open a package and you know its not gonna turn out nicely. One time I ordered a graded VALIANT book from a regular seller and when it came the box looked like the mail truck ran over the corner of it. As I opened the end of the box, plastic pieces of the slab sprinkled out on the table. Not a good sign. The seller thankfully had like 5 identical copies and just sent me another one. I haven’t ever had a holder split like that though. Sucks 

Wow! Seller was kind, I'll give another story since it was a bronze book

My first book that I ever saved up big for, a hulk 181 in 7.5, I bought through Dale Robert's. The slab arrived chipped, but it was salvageable and Dale offered to reholder. I was so new at the time, it turned out ok but more that I was just really grateful to Mr. Robert's! Saved my skin, after the purchase I was so broke lol and wanted so bad to have secured a nice copy  :)

super grateful!!