• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,865 posts in this topic

On 12/14/2020 at 9:22 PM, OtherEric said:

Last issue I need for the run, given that #10 does not exist.  Is there a general Whitman topic somewhere?  It seems like we have several for DC Whitmans but not one for Whitman Whitmans:

Buck_Rogers_08.jpg

What info are you looking for on the whitmans?

Edited by bellrules

20 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

Batman #227 on page 227 of this thread. Love this book. Just bought an hour ago. A must have for Adams Batman covers. It's an annoying book in that the innards are sub ordinary but the cover is the main draw. Pricing is almost ridiculous now in high grades.

Bat 227 Front.jpg

Bat 227 Back.jpg

I like the story and the inside myself.  I am a sucker for 70's DC horror, so that may be why.  However, no story is going to be good enough to match that cover, which is maybe the second best DC Bronze cover, after HOS 92.  I got a raw 4.0 I paid $125 for about 4 years ago.  I am happy to just be in the club.

Here are my top 3 Adams' covers, fwiw:

1. Batman 227

2. Detective 400

3.  Batman 251

Beyond that, it gets too tough to pick the best as they are all so good.

5 hours ago, Von Cichlid said:

I like the story and the inside myself.  I am a sucker for 70's DC horror, so that may be why.  However, no story is going to be good enough to match that cover, which is maybe the second best DC Bronze cover, after HOS 92.  I got a raw 4.0 I paid $125 for about 4 years ago.  I am happy to just be in the club.

Here are my top 3 Adams' covers, fwiw:

1. Batman 227

2. Detective 400

3.  Batman 251

Beyond that, it gets too tough to pick the best as they are all so good.

Man. My favorite Adams Batman covers would be:

1. Batman 244

2. Batman 227

3. Detective Comics 395

251 is a great cover. A literal classic. But the Joker leg bend is something I can't unsee. I am mollified recently by the Vampironica #4 251 homage.

Other Adams covers with no Adams interior that are very good are Detective 403 and  412. 

s-l1600-1.jpg

5 hours ago, Brock said:

I think it would be good for us to start one on all things Whitman, so I'll get one going.

Ooooh!Someone page me from there I'm lazy and forgetful and searching is not a forte.

Please,sol vous plais