• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,868 posts in this topic

Just now, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I missed it by one week.  Bummer.

If you want the book bad enough it’s probably never a bad buy per se. Dealers (sellers) require a different mind set over collectors...

3 minutes ago, N e r V said:

If you want the book bad enough it’s probably never a bad buy per se. Dealers (sellers) require a different mind set over collectors...

I also bought a What If #9 9.6 WP today too for my Venus collection.  I used to think that was Venus’ first Bronze Age appearance 

Wonderful gift received today from a VERY good friend. 

My cousin and I absolutely LOVED this mag back in the late '70s...and the Goodwin/Simonson Star Wars strip doesn't hurt, either! (thumbsu

Now I want the whole damn run!!!  :whatthe:

pizzazz-10.jpg

PS: I think what Frampton "stepped in" was this poop-stinker of a movie!!!

Edited by jools&jim

3 hours ago, jools&jim said:

Wonderful gift received today from a VERY good friend. 

My cousin and I absolutely LOVED this mag back in the late '70s...and the Goodwin/Simonson Star Wars strip doesn't hurt, either! (thumbsu

Now I want the whole damn run!!!  :whatthe:

pizzazz-10.jpg

PS: I think what Frampton "stepped in" was this poop-stinker of a movie!!!

Oh man yes. This and "The Wiz". My sister was into these kinds of magazines. Tiger Beat, Teen Beat, 16 etc. Shaun Cassidy. Leif Garrett. Yack.

I'm really stoked..I bought a 6 long box collection of mostly bronze books..

I zipped through them and literally split the books in half..1/2 better books and keepers..and,not ..highlights include:

NICE FULL runs of

TOD,WWBN,Spider woman, Monster of Frankenstein, Moon Knight,ROM,Machine Man and a bunch of other goodies!! I'll post pictures tomorrow..

INCLUDING these 2 gems! :banana:

Lh-tjbgfBktMXac8mkYOFT9fkAuYgTycnPV1NpWN8RpuLYA2kt8VSmUqPUe8nkBiSLov7sZxRwGbj8bUhYVPWJ-nsRv52tr1-ImpKAxQOobQPR0ZmVJRULozA8HsrWt_PZINnItc0HOBjVpG-PlSP_F9aiX8YdoWBJx8OtJd_QPlAUDpMzueU8fd6EI50PLnLVaEWg6GLZd4JasQqj4RlEjULeaex-zbh_aNUoONCqhRXmwXUjKbXJhosl8cPY2gRh-CHD3m1-zpRDF8c0MD82twNLJkquJPzH74f2QhGXAADCP_pGCrotNOJllCCYlgSVqcqwWz1J-WJcALMDTos5RhTBXbUUIUzJebfFuaK_asQocoYDIbMcsO955ghZzvBdCxaD9xRGBktdpOU0UXnZzY27eCxCDQOPlB0dVBzDv63JMcHBfDwJzf-oscfeqrYoZPhLdylSSq59kTS85yQGcKEFPbZ6mgra3biCD-ATprkykuJ3lFWczD-qlHWmBy5_ssT-rbqP2Bp0JxFQ-l6IyoBVgfcEwIrcd0CgHF5FVjH46Xj9EqwiwHqJlOcNb7oRs1HHx6Gz-IiJZaKDWlgwV1Pv-2kLH7I8YCWKWlCcrFNbNOxO7uet3C6_FHM7W90Pm8yJZHeO7lx1iu3y0AzG1qquBvVayTcct-u-2lS-OpONIQ_TPj4D7E-6axAg=w976-h757-no?authuser=0

Edited by bikesnbuses
picture issues

On 2/9/2021 at 3:08 PM, IronMan_Cave said:

Hello every one, this is my first post in this CGC forum (any thread/place for newbie to introduce themselves?)

Anyway, here's my first comic in 35+ years, my first slab ever

IMG_0149_Medium.thumb.JPG.9ba7d2e44d3397a2fb37adb9bfddc7d4.JPG

Congrats on the first slab purchase, awesome book :golfclap:

My reader copy showed up first.  I just read it for the first time today and I have a couple of questions for Sub-Mariner fans.  Does Venus show up in later issues?  She had a secret identity in this issue that was Namorita's college professor.  Does she show up again as Venus, as the professor, or not at all?  Also, is this the first appearance of Marvel's Ares or did he show up in Thor earlier?

sub 57 a.jpg

sub 57 b.jpg

sub 57 c.jpg

sub 57 d.jpg

On 2/10/2021 at 11:52 AM, IronMan_Cave said:

Thanks

I didn't submit it, I bought the slab from local bookstore. I don't know much about comic, I only intend to buy Iron Man bronze age comics to complement my Iron Man collection (toys, statues, art prints, etc)

Ah! Congratulations. Here is a person who still loves the characters and the books and not so much about money.

1 hour ago, Randall Ries said:

Wow! What's the story here?

Threw an ad up on Facebook and a guy says he has Avengers Annual #10 for sale. Sends a pic showing just the top book with a string wrapped around it. The comic was obviously bent at the edges and I was getting ready to thank him and tell him I wasn’t interested when as he sent the side view picture of all of them. 

His dad owned a comic shop/video store. He sold everything except this one box which he simply forgot about it. It had these, a Power Pack stack, and a Web of Spidey Annual #2 stack. He said his dad didn’t save this particular book on purpose, he just missed the box when he closed down. 

I believe that better than 75% of them are at least 9.4 with maybe 12-15 in the 9.6 range. With a lot of luck, maybe I’ll get a gift 9.8 but I doubt it. That’s the story.😊