• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,894 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2021 at 10:27 PM, Frederic9494 said:

Just grabbed this one... very happy. Paul Gulacy's best cover IMHO on Master of Kung Fu (and maybe his last work on the title)

5719089.jpg.599da4f33461a86879be88444d47fbbd.jpg

My older brother started me down the path to collecting comics about 45 years ago.  So, I in turn, tried to turn my younger brother to the Dark Side as well.  He had some of the Master of Kung Fu books but he never really got the bug like I did.  I always remember how different the art seemed to be in those MOKF books compared to the other stuff I was collecting at the time.  Didn't even pay attention to the artist until years later.  Good stuff for sure, thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone for sharing their latest bronze age purchases.  As I have posted before, I really enjoy seeing these one-off (well one-off to me, since I didn't collect them) issues that my older brother and I had picked up on a whim.  Brings back some solid nostalgia for sure.  :cloud9:   

Edited by Spider-Variant

Haha. I put in a half hearted bid for $50 before bed last night on this thinking "Heck if I win, good for me. If not, oh well!" Won it! A nice looking 7.5 with WP. I want this Aparo cover run anyway. Good place to start. I mean come on! Aparo's lines were really fine back then. Every bit as good as Neal Adams. Except Aparo's females all look like Joni Mitchell for some reason. A piffling concern.

While others are battling for $40,000 9.8 Transformers #1's, the mid-mid high grades are being ignored to a degree. EX-cellent.

1003204310_Detective443.thumb.jpg.721f5e59c1a873673f005bbc33e3b166.jpg