• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,895 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I wanna shop where you shop.

lol thanks! :x 

it was the luck of the draw today, I went to 2 other places before this today with no luck. I had taken the time to widen my search, but kept the original stores searched and the repeat business paid off today! 

these are mostly vg - to fair condition, but sturdy nontheless

readers, but I enjoyed the stories, the guy who saves Ghost Riders soul this time, the 2nd harry green goblin, it's been quite the day :) 

But who knows, come Christmas and the Holiday raffle, I may want to pay some forward ;) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

9 minutes ago, akaSteveRogers said:

I literally jump back onto these boards after a lo-o-o-ong hiatus fairly recent.  I guess i can say the run-of-the-mill reasons why one drifts from collecting and these CGC chat boards...growing family, grad school, career-growth, etc. 

Funny that all it takes is a little spark, to get you back in.  Cleaning around the house, and amongst the family board games... a box.  hm  Open it up and what do i find, some loose, raw books, that I never really got a chance to get slabbed.  All from various places, eBay, Mile High, wwcomics... all over.  They all looked great, still in mylar, bubble wrap on a few, cardboard front and back.  So I figured, hey, why not submit them...what the hell.

I just got back my first 2 books today..:luhv:

capamerica170_sn_f.jpg

fear24_f.jpg

Awesome! :headbang: 

Trouble is I was looking for these books and found them over a month ago and like every thing in life, soon as I find them a couple of weeks later I find better condition copies for the same price and upgraded.

Now it looks like I'm beginning to hoard them.PXL_20210512_025108987.thumb.jpg.f4f5a33066ca795ff18e369de52a5f1b.jpg

Edited by southern cross

9 hours ago, Parabellum said:

Pre 1987 Punisher registry set CGC 9.8 white pages complete!  Thank you Pedigree comics.

EFA74B2B-0B16-40CC-854E-2621FF2EBA54.jpeg

Beautiful—Congratulations!! Absolutely Amazing collection!!  :headbang:

On 5/2/2021 at 10:02 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I....have a problem.
I told myself I would stop buying this book, told myself that four copies were enough for any one man...and for a time I believed that.
But I'm weak...I'm but a weak man made of soft meat flesh, not sterner stuff like that of an old growth wood or sprawling harsh bramble. I'm not like the green.

So anyways...I bought another copy of House of Secrets #92 because it's by far my most favourite first appearance ever. I hope this new entry in my growing collection can appease my problem for at least a year.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.8b7dd11b69d5ab18bc09c2d475195e16.jpg

Buying the same key ad-nauseum is a sign you have too much money.

On 5/8/2021 at 3:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Some $2 finds, but some had chew on them lol

20210508_140903.jpg

20210508_140838.jpg

20210508_140810.jpg

20210508_140729.jpg

I think I know why I am such a nervous person. Have been since I was a kid. Constantly being "startled" by DC Comics.

"1st Startling Issue!" Agh!!!
"5 Startling Stories!" Eeek!!!
"Startling Origin Issue!" AAAHHH!!!
"Startling Death Issue!" Oooh-Noooo!!!
"Tales Designed To Startle You!" Whoooaaa-Nnoooo!!!