• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,864 posts in this topic

Today's loot. Picked this up from Superworld while there for a "store"-warming. I've always loved this cover, and this a sharp, sharp copy.

IMG-3.jpg

:o Nice.

Thanks. Some nice BA grey-tone. The thing I've always loved about this cover is that, besides its general level of coolness, it's an Ernie Chua/Chan, yet looks nothing like his work. Just a great creepy cover.

That cover really looks like Jack Sparling to me. It totally doesn't look like Chan, but he may have had instructions to make it look a certain way.

Hmm. I was always a bit confused by this cover, and agree that it looks like Sparling. But isn't that EC's goofy DC sig in the bottom left corner of the window?

Today's loot. Picked this up from Superworld while there for a "store"-warming. I've always loved this cover, and this a sharp, sharp copy.

IMG-3.jpg

:o Nice.

Thanks. Some nice BA grey-tone. The thing I've always loved about this cover is that, besides its general level of coolness, it's an Ernie Chua/Chan, yet looks nothing like his work. Just a great creepy cover.

That cover really looks like Jack Sparling to me. It totally doesn't look like Chan, but he may have had instructions to make it look a certain way.

Hmm. I was always a bit confused by this cover, and agree that it looks like Sparling. But isn't that EC's goofy DC sig in the bottom left corner of the window?

I am almost positive you are right. It is virtually identical to the one on the cover of Freedom Fighters #1. Is it possible that Chua did the top part and someone else (Sparling) did the bottom?

Just purchased this from the "for sale" thread yesterday.

I am posting it here because this was my very first ASM purchased from the racks as a kid.

I have always been keeping an eye out for a nice cheap copy and it finally turned up.

I purchased ASM #177 and MTU #66 and read them until the covers were coming off.

Very happy camper. :banana:

ASM177cgc94.jpg

I primarily collect GA. However, I could not pass up this opportunity to acquire this Hitler cover from the Don Rosa collection.

scan00012-2-1.jpg

scan00013-1.jpg

Welcome to the Bronze Age!! (thumbs u

I'm in the middle of purchasing a lot of over 350 unread, newstand fresh Archies from 1968-1973, almost all high-grade, some virtually perfect structurally, and all with stunning gloss and white pages. Just beautiful books. Even though some of these dip down to 8.5, I can't even express how tough it is to find these books in high grade. Without a doubt the nicest Archies I've ever seen from this period.

Since 'twas recently the season, we'll start with the hippest Christmas covers you'll ever see. Dig the love-in with the hippie-dippie Santa.

IMG_0004-4.jpg

IMG_0001-3.jpg

IMG_0005-4.jpg

IMG_0006-3.jpg

IMG_0003-4.jpg

Edited by silverandbronze

Here's some nice Everything's Archie's, including an Archies cover and, the coolest of the bunch, Archie get drafted (nearly), has a long "relevant" debate with a hippie about violent vs. non-violent protesting against the establishment, all of which is followed by, of course, and Archies concert. Nice early 1970's stuff.

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG-4.jpg

IMG_0016-1.jpg

IMG_0015-1.jpg

IMG_0014-1.jpg