• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,895 posts in this topic

On March 30, 2017 at 11:22 PM, RogueRunner said:

Picked up a few books at my LCS this week. None of them are exactly high-grade, but still nice copies that present well in mylar. New Gods #2, #3, and #7 -- nice to have some Kirby Fourth World stuff added to my collection! Swamp Thing #7 -- great cover..first Swamp Thing and Batman interaction. Got them all at a great price.

Edit: Just picked up a very nice copy Superman 233, New Gods #1 in VF condition, and Worlds Finest #199 (low grade) (3rd race between Superman and the Flash):

7D45C53D-13A1-4F57-9E8F-2625A1074CFA_1.jC825EA2E-6BDD-4270-999D-B4982CD27D44.jpg00324DF2-6FDD-487F-97AF-45E415F11CFD.jpgE7644C68-0AC8-4776-B49F-A25A4DA01B8E_1.j

25F18452-8A2F-4DE6-A0E4-C86A5B941BFB.jpgF6DE8B94-A276-4DF1-B628-E56545F3DCE4.jpgDF47478C-C94D-4446-8B92-8DF492403A13.jpg

Nice pick-ups :applause:

On April 1, 2017 at 1:30 AM, RogueRunner said:

I think I will look to complete the run and give it a read. 

And in regard to #7 vs #1, I think they are currently comparable in price. Steppenwolf is getting a little heat due to being the main villain in the Justice League movie, so #7 will see a spike for the time being. 

I think #1, over time, will still hold a higher premium. #1 certainly has a few first appearances, but still only has Darkseid's third cameo. If this was his first cameo or first full appearance, I think this book would be an even bigger key. 

That's why I also like 2 as a sleeper...first cover, full app. But who knows??? (shrug)

On 4/20/2017 at 5:41 PM, Readcomix said:

Nice pick-ups :applause:

NEW GODS #1 is a greatly under-looked gem! Lots of first appearances and really kicks off Kirby's Fourth World that is still ith DC even to this day! I always pick up high grade copies whenever I can. With DARKSEID coming to the DC cinematic universe I predict that DC will develop it as a either a TV or movie franchise. I am trying to get the whole series in high grade when I can (along with MR.MIRACLE). In fact all of Kirby's DC work is a great addition to any collection.

20 hours ago, Dogsupreme said:

I picked this up in the $2 box at a recent show. I read it and saw that there was a BATMAN Frank Miller story that pre-dates DARK KNIGHT. Is this Frank's first BATMAN story (he only did the art)? Could be a sleeper.

DC-Holiday-Special-1980-00fc2.jpg

I used to think that.  Been holding onto my copy for a while.  It never goes anywhere.  I think at this point, it never will.  Most people don't know about this book and to be honest, it's pretty forgettable anyway.  Miller drew Batman just like he did Daredevil in this book.  I think this was just a throw away project just to sign him onto the DC payroll.

On 4/27/2017 at 8:50 AM, Dogsupreme said:

I picked this up in the $2 box at a recent show. I read it and saw that there was a BATMAN Frank Miller story that pre-dates DARK KNIGHT. Is this Frank's first BATMAN story (he only did the art)? Could be a sleeper.

DC-Holiday-Special-1980-00fc2.jpg

Hey thanks for posting that. I'm a big miller fan and never knew. 

5 minutes ago, Brian48 said:

The wrap is not so bad. Sure, there's a lot of white, but it's nice and even. It would bother me much more if it was crooked.  

That's how I feel too, same width of white straight down, (as long as not to thick), doesn't bother me to badly. (thumbsu

13 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

That's how I feel too, same width of white straight down, (as long as not to thick), doesn't bother me to badly. (thumbsu

Any of these guys still do SS? I don't know much about them...:shy:

Roy Thomas is also Ghost Rider creator? or at least MS 5 affiliated?

Gil Kane seems like I've seen him on some old Green Lantern? Am I right? He's got to be getting up there then?

17 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Any of these guys still do SS? I don't know much about them...:shy:

Roy Thomas is also Ghost Rider creator? or at least MS 5 affiliated?

Gil Kane seems like I've seen him on some old Green Lantern? Am I right? He's got to be getting up there then?

????  Not sure I understand the question.  Gil Kane hasn't been with us for a very long time. 

Just now, Brian48 said:

????  Not sure I understand the question.  Gil Kane hasn't been with us for a very long time. 

didn't know that :( my apologies :sorry:

1 minute ago, Brian48 said:

I was asking about Conan 23

maybe I quoted wrong, I noticed the names on the CGC case and I thought they sounded familiar. I thought from sig series, but wasn't sure, which is why I asked the questions.

My apologies I hadn't heard:$