• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,897 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2017 at 8:42 AM, Randall Ries said:

Got this from CLINK last night. I have a fondness for B&B #113-#117 or so. Aparo's artwork was outstanding. His drawing at the time actually gave me the illusion of real movement. This one was a good story that was repeated in the Avengers as well, I believe. The Atom stimulates nerve centers in "dead" Batman to go find his killer. It's only an 8.5, but a stingy one IMO. I can't see ANY flaws to speak of.

B&B #115.jpg

I just got this in the mail. I can't find ANYTHING wrong with this book. Unless theres something going on inside, this deserves better than an 8.5. Hate the ambiguity of grading.

23 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

I just got this in the mail. I can't find ANYTHING wrong with this book. Unless theres something going on inside, this deserves better than an 8.5. Hate the ambiguity of grading.

I agree because you can buy Grader's notes but it sucks to spend the five or ten dollars even possibly 15 just to find out...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/16/2017 at 8:06 PM, Randall Ries said:

Is there anything on the back cover like a small tear? If not I wonder what is inside? Great looking book. 

2 hours ago, Grib said:

Is there anything on the back cover like a small tear? If not I wonder what is inside? Great looking book. 

No. There is nothing. It's a tremendous looking book. A recent grade as well. I've seen 9.2's that look worse than this. Maybe something on the inside brought it down. These things should have graders notes on the back where the blue label is.

20 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

No. There is nothing. It's a tremendous looking book. A recent grade as well. I've seen 9.2's that look worse than this. Maybe something on the inside brought it down. These things should have graders notes on the back where the blue label is.

Would be nice.

Found these cheap readers without board or bag in a drek box.  Considering how badly they were stored, I thought they were in surprisingly good condition.  Had to rescue them.  Loved Kubert's DC run on Tarzan as a kid.  

tarzan.jpg

On 10/16/2017 at 8:06 PM, Randall Ries said:

Nice book, maybe something is going on in the bottom corner?

1F3781B4-30BB-4B75-BDFF-F2A6AD88B4BA.jpeg

54 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Nice book, maybe something is going on in the bottom corner?

1F3781B4-30BB-4B75-BDFF-F2A6AD88B4BA.jpeg

That's what I figured when I saw the scan pre purchase. But when I got the book, it's the liner of the capsule pushing against the cover some. It's all there with no missing pieces.

Still not sure why I bought the DD and Conan.  I guess you can call them "accidental" buys.  Pretty happy about the Star-lord though (the TPB came in at the same time).  Bought it off the stands 41 years ago.  Finally got off my butt and reacquired another copy.

dd and conan.jpg

starlord.jpg