• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,900 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2017 at 10:32 AM, nepatkm said:

Another couple I added to the registry today.

Conan the Barbarian #08.jpg

I just love Barry Smith's Conan stuff. I remember when this book started and it was so "new" that each book was a surprise. Very cool stuff than and still.

Great to see there's still interest in Conan.  I really wish they'd get a movie right with this property.  The character is deserving of a major resurgence in the comic community (other than it's current niche following with Dark Horse).

2 minutes ago, Dogsupreme said:

Thanks. I was actually thinking of having the WWBN #32 pressed and re-graded.

You would eat the cost, meaning pay twice...."if" it is an Original Owner copy, it might make the same difference if you just disclosed that if you sold. I'm selling this, hasn't been pressed, a little premium etc. I don't know how well that would work lol but it's a thought ??? 

If you want it for the PC go for it, especially if you have the Grader's Notes :) 

11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

You would eat the cost, meaning pay twice...."if" it is an Original Owner copy, it might make the same difference if you just disclosed that if you sold. I'm selling this, hasn't been pressed, a little premium etc. I don't know how well that would work lol but it's a thought ??? 

If you want it for the PC go for it, especially if you have the Grader's Notes :) 

Thanks for the advice. I am actually the second owner. I got this from a long time friend who was selling the collection to raise funds and who collected WEREWOLF BY NIGHT and just happen to have #32 and #33. I also have #1-31,34- end of series. I don't mind paying twice especially since this is becoming a major key book for some reason. I mean really, what gives? I like MOON KNIGHT but the prices are crazy.

1 minute ago, Dogsupreme said:

Thanks for the advice. I am actually the second owner. I got this from a long time friend who was selling the collection to raise funds and who collected WEREWOLF BY NIGHT and just happen to have #32 and #33. I also have #1-31,34- end of series. I don't mind paying twice especially since this is becoming a major key book for some reason. I mean really, what gives? I like MOON KNIGHT but the prices are crazy.

I don't know firsthand but think that it is a couple of things: Bronze Age, movie spec because decent enough character with decent story; someone else could probably point you to a better conclusion. lol kind of like Iron Fist has a cult following, like any niche it spills over to others who say, "oh, here is something new to collect. I think the main thing is character spec. along with rare in high grade as always.....

Personally I don't know if anything specifically has been done with the character, although Werewolf By Night was always been a thing and Moon Knight was first represented etc. it is just kind of going on it's own, but really how does anything get started, people just end up trying and liking. Don't ask me if it will hold value, but it's been going on a while :) 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't know firsthand but think that it is a couple of things: Bronze Age, movie spec because decent enough character with decent story; someone else could probably point you to a better conclusion. lol kind of like Iron Fist has a cult following, like any niche it spills over to others who say, "oh, here is something new to collect. I think the main thing is character spec. along with rare in high grade as always.....

Personally I don't know if anything specifically has been done with the character, although Werewolf By Night was always been a thing and Moon Knight was first represented etc. it is just kind of going on it's own, but really how does anything get started, people just end up trying and liking. Don't ask me if it will hold value, but it's been going on a while :) 

Yes. This has me very puzzled. There is NO mention of a MOON KNIGHT anything as far as TV or Movie and yet high grade copies are approaching HULK 181 levels. Yet IRON FIST, which has a TV series, has not gotten anywhere nearly as close. That is why I think a good pressing might raise it a few notches and improve the overall look.

1 minute ago, Dogsupreme said:

Yes. This has me very puzzled. There is NO mention of a MOON KNIGHT anything as far as TV or Movie and yet high grade copies are approaching HULK 181 levels. Yet IRON FIST, which has a TV series, has not gotten anywhere nearly as close. That is why I think a good pressing might raise it a few notches and improve the overall look.

I hear you, but for how long? .... will it sustain value....? I think that it is the anticipation of it taking off, same with Iron FIst and IF isn't being buzzed about as very good. It's still on the same page as Luke Cage in quality but even LC has moved up in value. I don't blame Marvel at all; these properties were just sitting there collecting dust. Moon Knight has been "underground" in the hopes that when it becomes main stream it will flourish. But like everything, sometimes, when you eventually go hollywood your looked at as a sell out......so "who know's?" is keeping values teetering, you already find yourself in the game though! more power to you. Hopefully someone will come along and can divulge more info :)