• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,900 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, mosconi said:

Posted these recent acquisitions on the Punisher Appreciation thread, and thought I'd throw them up here as well:

The vertical lines on the #135 are from my scanner (shrug)

37110019965_9612ce82a4_b.jpg

Was it hard to find a 9.6 giant spiderman 4? That sounds difficult as the raws I've seen are at most VF.

CONGRATS!!

Also have you thought about ASM 134it's a cameo appearance but still lol

Thank you!  Yes, the square bound GS was probably the more difficult to find in 9.6.  I know the Overstreet notes the problems with the miscuts, gluing, splitting, and warping found on these issues.  And I was also looking for one nicely centered so it took a longer time to find. 

And yes, since you mentioned it, I may also decide to look for a #134 too! (thumbsu

Edited by mosconi

13 hours ago, mosconi said:

Those are all White Mountain's?  Congrats!

Thanks!

Yep! I bought an auction lot of White Mountains, these are the books that fit my focus, and were high grade enough to make the collection.

31 minutes ago, wormboy said:

Thanks!

Yep! I bought an auction lot of White Mountains, these are the books that fit my focus, and were high grade enough to make the collection.

How do you CGC grade prdigree, do they come with papers?

I've seen some pedigree Raw on Dale Roberts website but did not purchase due to them being Raw versus graded...

4 minutes ago, comicquant said:

They usually come with a recognized COA

Thanks! So cgc recognises them too? That's the first I heard of that...

But then again I haven't delved into pedigrees often enough to know ha

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks! So cgc recognises them too? That's the first I heard of that...

But then again I haven't delved into pedigrees often enough to know ha

I'm not sure how CGC actually verifies the pedigree but I've seen some raw pedigrees sold and the COA is usually slipped in the bag over the back of the board.  Since many pedigrees were discovered prior to CGC there has to be some process in place for having them graded.

https://www.cgccomics.com/resources/pedigree.asp

Edited by comicquant

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

How do you CGC grade prdigree, do they come with papers?

I've seen some pedigree Raw on Dale Roberts website but did not purchase due to them being Raw versus graded...

Well in this case it's relatively easy, as White Mountain books have identifiable markings (date written in pen upper left corner + date stamp inside front page upper right) on every book, as do some other Pedigrees.

In my experience, I have submitted paperwork showing provenance to CGC with the books, and noted the pedigree on the form. In this case I bought them from Heritage, so, if I wanted to submit them ( I don't - these are for my raw collection) I would include the invoice with the sub. I try to submit at shows so I can discuss it directly with a CGC rep. I have had no problems.

Also, there are several pedigrees that the market seems to accept, that CGC does not (Slobodian and Monterey off the top of my head).

Recently it appears other grading companies have begun to accept/grade new "pedigrees" at a pretty fast clip hm