• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,895 posts in this topic

Funny you mention. I won the book right at my MAX. Like I said, I didn't expect to win. I was contacted by CL the next day before I could pay and was offered $400 to release the book to someone else who really wanted it, but forgot about the auction. Thats when I knew I really got a heck of a deal. :headbang:

6 hours ago, Brian48 said:

Funny you mention. I won the book right at my MAX. Like I said, I didn't expect to win. I was contacted by CL the next day before I could pay and was offered $400 to release the book to someone else who really wanted it, but forgot about the auction. Thats when I knew I really got a heck of a deal. :headbang:

Didn't know the Link did this.  Doesn't surprise me, though.  I'm glad it arrived safe and sound. 

Ya know. Those Marvel "reprint" comics from the BA might not have a lot of collector value, but I ate them up as a kid. Marvel's Greatest Comics, Marvel Tales, Marvel Triple Action, etc.. Couldn't get enough of those great stories and updated covers. 

3 hours ago, Brian48 said:

Ya know. Those Marvel "reprint" comics from the BA might not have a lot of collector value, but I ate them up as a kid. Marvel's Greatest Comics, Marvel Tales, Marvel Triple Action, etc.. Couldn't get enough of those great stories and updated covers. 

They got plenty of collector value to me!

May not be valuable per se, but has a ton of sentimental value for me. It's the one single cover and issue I remember clearly from my older brother's collection back in the day. Just happened to be thumbing through a comic bin at a local toy shop and there it was. Overpriced but worth it. I opened it up and remembered every single panel like it was yesterday. It's instantly become one of the treasures of my collection.

submariner.jpg