• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,893 posts in this topic

I always liked the cover on #17. I'd rather have this issue in 9.8 than anything between 2-16 and after. So much, that I forgot to bid again on it. doh!

Congrats on obtaining it... :headbang:

Thanks for letting me have it without a bidding war (thumbs u

Well, I was only there one day and evacuated to beat the snow to MA, but I picked up some nice books at very nice prices. Wish I had the time to actually shop all of the comic dealers.

First though, a SA gem that I don't have time to post anywhere else. Always loved this cover and never found a HG copy. The spine on this is beautiful, and it is bone white. My first purchase.

IMG_0002-5.jpg

Then I was lucky to find some nice HG Charltons. First off, a tough black Ditko cover. Gloss on this is unreal.

IMG-9.jpg

Next up--my latest obsession--HG Charlton animated titles. I really wish I had been picking these up 5 years ago. So many people are starting to clue about how tough in HG they are, and prices are unfortunately reflecting this. The Great Grape Ape book is far and away the nicest copy I've ever come across, and the Popeye is near perfect. Both have tremendous gloss and, especially for Charltons, nice white pages.

IMG_0001-6.jpg

IMG_0003-6.jpg

Finally, what has to be the absolutely toughest in grade BA title--March of Comics. Picked up some nice later BA issues. The Bugs book is particularly gorgeous, despite a popped staple that likely happened during printing. Otherwise, it looks unread.

IMG_0006-4.jpg

IMG_0005-5.jpg

IMG_0008-3.jpg

IMG_0007-3.jpg

Edited by silverandbronze

OK, anyone know why my original photobucket pics are showing up instead of the edited versions?

EDIT: Looks like photobucket needed time to update its own files. Problem fixed itself.

Edited by silverandbronze

Next up--my latest obsession--HG Charlton animated titles. I really wish I had been picking these up 5 years ago. So many people are starting to clue about how tough in HG they are, and prices are unfortunately reflecting this. The Great Grape Ape book is far and away the nicest copy I've ever come across, and the Popeye is near perfect. Both have tremendous gloss and, especially for Charltons, nice white pages.

Hey paul,

The only good thing about higher prices is that some of the books are coming out for the first time in a long time. I picked up a CGC 9.4 Scooby Doo #1 at Mid-Ohio last year. I had previously never seen that book above Fine condition. Some of them seem a lot easier to find in HG than others. Never had trouble finding HG Valley of the Dinosaurs for some reason. But Hong Kong Phooey and Wheelie are pretty doggone tough.

Edited by seanfingh

Hey paul,

The only good thing about higher prices is that some of the books are coming out for the first time in a long time. I picked up a CGC 9.4 Scooby Doo #1 at Mid-Ohio last year. I had previously never seen that book above Fine condition. Some of them seem a lot easier to find in HG than others. Never had trouble finding HG Valley of the Dinosaurs for some reason. But Hong Kong Phooey and Wheelie are pretty doggone tough.

I think the mid-late 70's Hanna Barbera issues are the most difficult. There's non-comic demand for them, and I think by that point Charlton was on the ropes and circulation was low to start with. That Scooby sounds amazing. Despite the show's tremendous popularity at the time, I think that it's probably the toughest Charlton animated title to find in grade.

I have a really nice copy of the book below. I'd be willing to part with it if you're interested.

75208.jpg.ad5453515ce2dfac5e481f25bdccfc60.jpg

I have a really nice copy of the book below. I'd be willing to part with it if you're interested.

If Paul doesn't want it, I do. :wishluck:

:thumbsup:

The Great Grape Ape book is far and away the nicest copy I've ever come across, and the Popeye is near perfect. Both have tremendous gloss and, especially for Charltons, nice white pages.

IMG_0001-6.jpg

You're right...a very tough issue to find in HG. In fact, your's is the nicest I've seen...

Jim

It's all yours.

Thanks, Jeffro. I appreciate the offer. (thumbs u