• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1980s comics worth 1k?

366 posts in this topic

Quickly doing some research on GPA here's what I came up with:

TMNT #1 CGC 9.6 $9,668

Bloodshot #0 Platinum CGC 9.8 $5,500

Bone #1 CGC 9.8 $3,216

Harbinger #1 CGC 9.8 $2,550

Miracle Man #1 (singed but not sgnt series)CGC 9.6 $2,000

Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.8 Platnium $2,000

Vampirella #113 CGC 9.6 $1,912

Albedo #2 CGC 9.6 $1,900

Dime Press #4 CGC 9.6 $1,625

Superman #75 (poly-bagged platnium) CGC 9.8 $1,185 (1 year ago)

Amazing Spider-Man #300 CGC 9.9 $3,050

Iron Man #128 CGC 9.8 $1,100

Wolverine Limited Series #1 CGC 9.9 $1,550

TMNT #1 is by far the best bet.

Why?

It doesn`t need to be put in a CGC 9.8 slabbed to be worth $1000.

Raw TMNT #1 are $1000 dollar comic books. :cloud9:

I assume its fair to say there aren't really any $1k 1980s coins, stamps, or trading cards short of something like a jordan or gretzky rookie in top shape? I would assume the football and baseball cards are plentiful and not worth much? Can't imagine the bonds and mcgwire rookies have done real well lately lol

Michael Jordan,Tom Brady and Derek Jeter rookie cards go for over $1000 everyday on EBay.

I guess a TMNT 1 in 9.6/9.8 wears the 1980s crown huh? Somewhere between 10k and 20k I guess?

At first glance that looks like a pretty similar top range to 1980s video games (5-15k top range for a nwc cartridge, or a complete or sealed stadium events). I wonder how action figures fare in that respect? I know some 80s gi joe/transformers stuff is 5k+ but I am anything but knowledgeable on the subject.... anybody know?

-------

Hmm... actually, come to think of it, if we expand the parameters to production items, I guess 1980s original art really wears the crown, huh? I'm sure some of the big mcfarlane, miller, killing joke, etc covers could push 100k.

Some of the Star Wars action figures have been starting to take off in price because of the upcoming new Star Wars films.

Arcade machine games the ones you put the quarter in like Street Fighter II are slowly creeping over the $1000 dollar mark as well.

I assume its fair to say there aren't really any $1k 1980s coins, stamps, or trading cards short of something like a jordan or gretzky rookie in top shape? I would assume the football and baseball cards are plentiful and not worth much? Can't imagine the bonds and mcgwire rookies have done real well lately lol

Michael Jordan,Tom Brady and Derek Jeter rookie cards go for over $1000 everyday on EBay.

He said except for Jordan :baiting:

and Brady and Jeter rookie cards are post 1980's :baiting::baiting:

He said except for Jordan :baiting:

and Brady and Jeter rookie cards are post 1980's :baiting::baiting:

PSA 10 Montana. hm