• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1980s comics worth 1k?

366 posts in this topic

You can have two tiny flaws in a 9.8, we are not talking 9.9 or 10.0. Two very tiny spine stress marks is still a 9.8 with 4 clean sharp corners and firm staples. You can only see so much from the scan, but it looks better than what I have with my three 9.6's.

Details details, thats awesome. Someone said it was on Comic Link, than it was taken off for a private sale. I can't confirm anything I'm saying other than the census has two copies now.

Yea, I remember reading some story somwhere about a guy who calls himself "crazy transformer guy" and that he paid just over $1800 for the only copy of the book in 9.8. He had searched high and low and never thought one would surface so he went all out in a private sale when the book was offered.

Details details, thats awesome. Someone said it was on Comic Link, than it was taken off for a private sale. I can't confirm anything I'm saying other than the census has two copies now.

2nd copy was posted in the VCC.... :gossip:

The one posted on VCC has a low serial number and an older style case. Current label but older case. CTG's has a higher serial # and it's been Posted for awhile on his site now which leads me to believe one of those copies is not counted on the census or maybe they're really behind in updating the census. This all may just be wishful thinking on my part because... I've submitted two TF 80's seperately. I've received one graded 9.0 ( darn it). The second one I submitted three and a half weeks ago and i think it looked pretty good. Definately better than the 9.0. Hopefully not the 9.2 that posted along with the 9.0 and 9.8. But you know how this cgc stuff is a shoot. Got an attempted delivery card today from usps. I'll pick it up tomorrow and keep you posted. Wish me luck fellas. And if it's not mine, Congratulations to the guy or girl who did get it.

Quickly doing some research on GPA here's what I came up with:

TMNT #1 CGC 9.6 $9,668

Bloodshot #0 Platinum CGC 9.8 $5,500

Bone #1 CGC 9.8 $3,216

Harbinger #1 CGC 9.8 $2,550

Miracle Man #1 (singed but not sgnt series)CGC 9.6 $2,000

Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.8 Platnium $2,000

Vampirella #113 CGC 9.6 $1,912

Albedo #2 CGC 9.6 $1,900

Dime Press #4 CGC 9.6 $1,625

Superman #75 (poly-bagged platnium) CGC 9.8 $1,185 (1 year ago)

Amazing Spider-Man #300 CGC 9.9 $3,050

Iron Man #128 CGC 9.8 $1,100

Wolverine Limited Series #1 CGC 9.9 $1,550

I'll throw down my 2 cents while I can...

TMNT #1, I just saw that the 9.2 went for far less then I sold my 8.0 in Feb. 2007.

My 8.0 (and it was my own OO copy I picked up at a shop in Fredonia NY summer 1984)...that went for over $2K in 2/2007 or maybe April? It sold the weekend the last lame movie came out.

So seeing a 9.2 go for half that...kinda depressing.

I owned a raw Albedo #2 years ago...ugh, wish I still had it now. EASY 9.6

A shop owner in Columbia MD sold his raw 5.0 (water damage) for $10 in a sale just months ago, about 10 min. before I walked in the shop :(

Superman #75 (polybag platinum) CGC 9.8, I owned and sold 2 cps, the one listed above and then the other for $1395, I think it was.

The Iron Man #128 CGC 9.8 I owned both of the 9.8's that sold this year. First one went for $2025, the next for $1100.

I'm not sure about the others...I've only owned two 9.9 books in my life, the most recent was AVENGERS #187 CGC 9.9

I think we'll see very soon what some 9.8 Captain Marvel's (late bronze) will go for. I know they're not part of the copper age, but they ended that series right on the cusp of it.

Some other moderns I think would fetch good money in 9.8 or better...

Ghost Rider 81

Master of Kung Fu 125

Spectacular Spider-Man 64, 90

Marvel Team Up 53

Hulk 340 9.9 would go for silly money too

My friend Jon (PointFive) was able to sell his OO ASM 300 9.8 and get a 2.0 ASM #1 with the money - in an effective trade. It seemed insane to me at the time...

still does!

That's both hilarious and sad.

My friend Jon (PointFive) was able to sell his OO ASM 300 9.8 and get a 2.0 ASM #1 with the money - in an effective trade. It seemed insane to me at the time...

still does!

(worship)

still does!

Thanks for remembering, Matt! :headbang:

I've never quite understood the nosebleed prices paid for slabbed 9.8s either, but boy was I not complaining. The best $1.00 (circa 1988) I've ever spent...

70183.jpg.15b0c94e32bf7b9cc47b06d2839c2cec.jpg

still does!

Thanks for remembering, Matt! :headbang:

I've never quite understood the nosebleed prices paid for slabbed 9.8s either, but boy was I not complaining. The best $1.00 (circa 1988) I've ever spent...

Dude, that rocks :headbang: