• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EsquireComics Presents The Palisades GA/SA Original Owner Collection

566 posts in this topic

I just purchased a nice collection of approximately 1,400 books (about 8 long boxes) of an Original Owner collection that was created predominantly during around 1952 - 1964 (though some books are as early as 1948, and some into the 1970s). The books were primarily purchased in the Washington, D.C. and Ocean City, Maryland regions.

I would say the books average mid-grade and of course run the gamut from low to high grade. Within the collection is a smattering of books from such publishers as Dell comics, DC Comics, St. John, Harvey Comics, Standard Comics, Tobby Press, Quality Comics and many others.

Of particular note in this collection are the early 1950s DC War comics that are often difficult to find. Also, a lot of nice Dell Giants.

I will be posting the books over the course of who knows how long depending upon my work schedule. I'm still posting books from the Parkinson and Moose collections that I purchased up to 18 months ago!!! It is a sloooooooow process, but well worth it! (thumbs u

The rules are simple and pretty much the same as always!

Shipping Costs/Method: Domestic - $5.00 for USPS Priority Mail Envelope (usually holds up to 3-4 books); $9.80 for USPS Priority Flat Rate Box (usually can hold up to 10-15 books); $14.00 for USPS Priority Flat Rate Large Box (usually can hold up to 10-15 books). International - Whatever the costs are for the different services. I'll add them in later so inquire first if you are overseas. Other shipping methods are available, just let me know what you want.

Payment Methods: Paypal, bank cashier checks, postal money orders, and personal checks. Paypal payments can be sent to EsquireComics@aol.com. All checks and money orders should be made payable to EsquireComics. At my discretion personal checks must clear first prior to shipping.

My Return Policy: I certainly believe you will be happy with your purchase. However, your personal satisfaction is very important to me. If for any reason you wish to return your purchase, you may do so. This applies to CGC graded books as well. However, you must notify me in writing within three (3) calendar days of receiving the book that you desire to return it, and you must ship it back to me within seven (7) calendar days. All associated costs for returning the book must be borne by the purchaser. And, of course, the book must be returned in the same condition it was received.

Grading Guarantee: I cannot guarantee how any third-party service will grade the book, but as noted above any book may be returned (pursuant to the terms) if dissatisfied. Please note that due to the lower dollar value of many of these books (at least to the extent of what I normally sell), I have not spent much time grading them. I will, however, review every single book carefully before it is sent out and notify the purchaser of any previously unnoticed defects and give the buyer the unconditional option to withdraw from the transaction if desired (in addition to the opportunity to utilize the existing return policy set forth above).

Length Of Sale: If unsold after one week I may exercise my discretion to place these books on my website and/or in my e-bay store for a higher price.

First :takeit: takes it!

If you have any questions about the above policies or any that I have not mentioned, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Enjoy!!! (thumbs u

NetworkOfDisclosure-3_20.jpg

I just purchased a nice collection of approximately 1,400 books (about 8 long boxes) of an Original Owner collection that was created during around 1952 - 1964. The books were primarily purchased in the Washington, D.C. and Ocean City, Maryland regions.

I would say the books average mid-grade and of course run the gamit from low to high grade. Within the collection is a smattering of books from such publishers as Dell comics, DC Comics, St. John, Harvey Comics, Standard Comics, Tobby Press, Quality Comics and many others.

Of particular note in this collection are the early 1950s DC War comics that are often difficult to find.

I will be posting the books over the course of who knows how long depending upon my work schedule. I'm still posting books from the Parkinson and Moose collections that I purchased up to 18 months ago!!! It is a sloooooooow process, but well worth it! (thumbs u

1) It's gamut not gamit. :makepoint:

2) Did you PM thirdgreenham and let him know about the DC war? He's always being annoying asking about them.

3) Dell. Quality. :popcorn:

I just purchased a nice collection of approximately 1,400 books (about 8 long boxes) of an Original Owner collection that was created during around 1952 - 1964. The books were primarily purchased in the Washington, D.C. and Ocean City, Maryland regions.

I would say the books average mid-grade and of course run the gamit from low to high grade. Within the collection is a smattering of books from such publishers as Dell comics, DC Comics, St. John, Harvey Comics, Standard Comics, Tobby Press, Quality Comics and many others.

Of particular note in this collection are the early 1950s DC War comics that are often difficult to find.

1) It's gamut not gamit. :makepoint:

2) Did you PM thirdgreenham and let him know about the DC war? He's always being annoying asking about them.

3) Dell. Quality. :popcorn:

I like gamit!!!! :cloud9::makepoint::P

Our Fighting Forces #3 (1955)

Kubert cover, last pre-code issue

Stain lower right fc that extends throughout most pages & bc (though difficult to see on fc), slight fc foxing spots, slight interior cover shadowing, 5.0/5.5

$75.00

FightingForces3.jpg

Superman Annual #1 (1960)

1st DC SA annual, reprints 1st Supergirl story/Action #252, Lois Lane #1, 1st Krypto

Nice tight squarebound, would have been a beauty except 3 1/4" bc upper spine split, full fc middle crease, 1 1/4" bc tear and upper cover crumpling, several large bc creases, some fc ripples, still a very nice copy and affordable, 3.5

$115.00

SupermanAnnual1.jpg