• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm selling a friends DC/Marvel collection, 1400 books

59 posts in this topic

I put a watch bid. wink.gif

You should have listed with some more details like:

X 12 cent Marvels

Y 15 cent Marvels

Z 20 cent etc...

A 12 cent DCs

B 15 cent DCs

C 20 cent etc...

1400 books...

If someone knew they were getting 100 12centers and 300 15/20 centers, and a 1000 moderns they would have a better idea what to bid.

Also list the keys: ASM 121, X-men 94 etc...

Good Luck! hi.gif

I know I should break it down more but, I don't have the time to do that and He just wants it listed.

I can tell you this the 1 long box that I looked at was mostly 12 centers - 20 centers.

There are also no duplicates!

If I get more time I'll try to list more each day. But I have four 3D models I need to have built by Thursday. foreheadslap.gif

I think the shipping costs would put me off a bit as well. tongue.gif

Why?

I just shipped 754 books to canada and it cost me $150. I said it will be between $200-$300 for shipping.

What you think I can ship twice as many books for less then $150?

I do have 100% feedback and never overcharge. Do you see any complaints? I even offer pick up or we will deliver with in a 200 mile radius of Ft Wayne.

So what is it that put you off?

Please explain.

I don't know about his reasons, but for me spending twice what I'd be comfortable spending on a mystery lot to ship said mystery lot is kind of off-putting. To explain, not knowing what I'm getting I'd spend no more than a dime a book (as a hedge against a few long boxes of 90s kindling), so spending 12-22 cents a book shipping would be counter-productive.

Of course, I'm not into these type of gambles so all of this is just theoretical.

If anyone is interested in sharing the cost of this mystery lot with me and saving on the shipping costs then PM me. Or, if someone wants to win the lot and pay me in books from the lot then I am willing to pick them up.

Rich said that he will do a face to face pick up to avoid the shipping costs and I am able to drive to Fort Wayne, so if anyone is interested in striking a deal then PM me and we can try to work something out.

I don't know about his reasons, but for me spending twice what I'd be comfortable spending on a mystery lot to ship said mystery lot is kind of off-putting. To explain, not knowing what I'm getting I'd spend no more than a dime a book (as a hedge against a few long boxes of 90s kindling), so spending 12-22 cents a book shipping would be counter-productive.

Of course, I'm not into these type of gambles so all of this is just theoretical.

That's where I was coming from. The shipping cost may be accurate, but it's a nice chunk of change on top of a lot that's, well, a little vague at the moment.

Ok, guys I just paid my 11 year old and 8 year old to check out some of these books.

All they looked for was cover price. So for you guys here this is what they have found after going through half of the collection.

10 cent = 1

12 cent = 40

15 cent = 20

20 cent = 69

25 cent= 80

30 cent = 71

35 cent = 50

40 cent = 39

50 cent = 30

60 cent = 25

65 cent = 32

75 cent = 90

1.00 cent = 23

1.25 cent = 43

and thats all for now, they had to go to bed.

I think he saw the auction listed for the dead fathers collection and saw it was selling for $4,000 and figured that looked good. I tried to get him to wait a week but he wants to get things done and paid off before his last day of work.

Well hope this helps you all.

Hay Lantern, you don't need to come all the way here I will travel to meet you with the stuff. thumbsup2.gif I'm always looking for a reason to road trip.7_2_115.gif

I think he saw the auction listed for the dead fathers collection and saw it was selling for $4,000 and figured that looked good.

Yeesh, I hope that's not his reserve. 893whatthe.gif

I think all us horders should load up our longboxes and get on this gravy train. I could scan a pile of peek-a-boo Silver Age sitting in the box next to me, and get some serious cash.

I think he saw the auction listed for the dead fathers collection and saw it was selling for $4,000 and figured that looked good.

I think all us horders should load up our longboxes and get on this gravy train. I could scan a pile of peek-a-boo Silver Age sitting in the box next to me, and get some serious cash.

No, but get to $1 a book and you'll be close.

boy you got that right!

I just shipped one long box (250 comics or so) to the East Coast and it was around $60 so I don't think the shipping estimate is out of line.

Wow. It's been awhile since I received full long boxes but I thought it used to cost somewhere around $15 to $20 a box. At $60 shipping a box it kind of takes the deal out of ordering those full boxes of recent over stock.

At $60 shipping a box it kind of takes the deal out of ordering those full boxes of recent over stock.

You need to put on your fedora, rent a U-Haul and hit the road to battle the comic-raiding pirates of the open highway.

Ummmm.... news.gifyou could just sell your stack of Giant Size X-Men #1's for some serious cash.... foreheadslap.gif

I just shipped one long box (250 comics or so) to the East Coast and it was around $60 so I don't think the shipping estimate is out of line.

Wow. It's been awhile since I received full long boxes but I thought it used to cost somewhere around $15 to $20 a box. At $60 shipping a box it kind of takes the deal out of ordering those full boxes of recent over stock.

If it's $60 a box, I don't think that it can be media mail.