• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm selling a friends DC/Marvel collection, 1400 books

59 posts in this topic

Paging Lighthouse, paging Lighthouse - shipping question...

To pick up board member ICECUBE's collection from a Philly suburb (to be shown at the DONUT-DARTH FIVE TABLE EXTRAVAGANZA next Sunday in Tysons), we rented a truck, which cost $200. Figure an additional $50 for gas, not bad for 28 long boxes. I'm deciding that for collections within 500 miles of me, that's going to be the way to go.

Paging Lighthouse, paging Lighthouse - shipping question...

To pick up board member ICECUBE's collection from a Philly suburb (to be shown at the DONUT-DARTH FIVE TABLE EXTRAVAGANZA next Sunday in Tysons), we rented a truck, which cost $200. Figure an additional $50 for gas, not bad for 28 long boxes. I'm deciding that for collections within 500 miles of me, that's going to be the way to go.

House is on his way home after visiting my parts so he can't answer this until tomorrow! crazy.gif

I don't discriminate - all ladies are welcome grin.gif

Although it's been a slow couple of months frown.gif Gotta stop posting on this board! laugh.gif

Yeah...all those months of studying were kinda wasted! tongue.gif

Although it's been a slow couple of months frown.gif Gotta stop posting on this board! laugh.gif

It dosen't matter anyway. We're in Canada. No short skirts, hot pants or tank tops for another 6-7 months, and puffy jackets just don't do the trick for me.

It dosen't matter anyway. We're in Canada. No short skirts, hot pants or tank tops for another 6-7 months, and puffy jackets just don't do the trick for me.

Yes, but how about the first day when you see a girl in shorts again?? Is there anything better?? wink.gif

Yes, but how about the first day when you see a girl in shorts again?? Is there anything better?? wink.gif

Very true. But since it's officially December 1st, my depression is underway. Also, this time of year makes my business a living hell. Ever try standing outside for 4-5 hours straight in sub zero weather, while a bunch of rich execs swig brandy at their Christmas/New Years parties and complain about having to sit in their limo's an extra 20 minutes because of weather related traffic?

Please also tell your friend that the $4,000 was a pure aberration(sp?) (hopefully?).

What if this auction doesn't meet reserve? It won't be a given. And realize that if you spent 3-4 hours, you could make a lot more money.

I always like spring when the braless beauties return...

ba boom ba ba boom baba boom.

but sigh, not as frequently as the early days of feminist freedom.

Please also tell your friend that the $4,000 was a pure aberration(sp?) (hopefully?).

What if this auction doesn't meet reserve? It won't be a given. And realize that if you spent 3-4 hours, you could make a lot more money.

Well here's one for his side. A few weeks ago I tried to auction off 754 marvel books. I listed all off the books. So they knew exactly what they were getting and the bid only hit $800. ( I adventually sold them for $1300)Then you have the person thats puts up a surprise auction and they get $4,000. It's all a [!@#%^&^] shoot.

I would never send a long box media mail.. they would probably destroy the box.. is that how you have gotten it for $20?

This is just a small sampling, but I have received four long boxes via media mail, and the contents have been perfect. It is a risky method, but the books weren't worth THAT much. Two even come from Canada, which is notoriously hard on boxes - I believe that they use them as hockey pucks at the sorting office. grin.gif