• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

We have had a thread in the silver age forum running since the beginning of September called "Thirty Days Hath September" . The original premise was to take the thirty days of that month and post covers corresponding to that day of the month…1 to 30. The idea was popular and got a lot of great response. The thread is still running and up to 105, albeit losing a little steam.

Seeing how much positive response the thread got had me thinking that the idea would be even better if it wasn’t restricted to a single “age” of comics.

So here we are getting ready to start a new year, what better time than to “reboot” that thread with expanded parameters.

From now till the end of December post all your no number, giveaways, zero issues and anything else that does not have a number. Starting January 1st 2009, post your #1’s, January 2nd, post your #2’s…using the Julian calendar, we keep going till December 31st 2009 we post #365’s.

We have seen some AWESOME covers in the silver age thread. This thread is open to ALL ERA’s.

So start scanning those covers and onward to 365!

If you weren't following the Silver Age thread, this is a lot of fun, especially when we get into looking for specific numbered issues. We saw a lot of issues that you rarely seee. It'll be interesting to see how this works out since it's spanning all ages.

Here's a promo.

ASMpromo.jpg

If you weren't following the Silver Age thread, this is a lot of fun, especially when we get into looking for specific numbered issues. We saw a lot of issues that you rarely seee. It'll be interesting to see how this works out since it's spanning all ages.

Here's a promo.

ASMpromo.jpg

For some reason the idea of the hulk on a ski slope makes me lose my mess. Hilarity! I really like this cover! :D

Here's a promo.

ASMpromo.jpg

For some reason the idea of the hulk on a ski slope makes me lose my mess. Hilarity! I really like this cover! :D

Yeah, this cover makes no sense. It's summer (note the trees). I guess Hulk could be out on the slopes without snow, but why does Spidey have a scarf on?

And why are the scientists of the world gathering to view the Hulk on the ski slopes?

Here's a promo.

ASMpromo.jpg

Yeah, this cover makes no sense. It's summer (note the trees).

There's snow at higher elevations

I guess Hulk could be out on the slopes without snow, but why does Spidey have a scarf on?

he's heading up into the mountains

And why are the scientists of the world gathering to view the Hulk on the ski slopes?

because even scientists have the right to free entertainment? (shrug)