• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling my entire Collection - Part 2 First up: Timelys

563 posts in this topic

Marvel Mystery Comics 3

I purchased this one as an apparent F/VF. To be perfectly honest I'm not sure how to grade it myself.

The front cover has a number of obvious tear seals. (Two along the M in "Marvel", one across the chest of the guy holding the hatchet, one in the bottom left corner and one on the right edge)

Other than these tear seals the cover has fantastic eye appeal.

I would say the restoration is extensive on this one because of the number of tear seals, even though all that appears to have been done is color touch (mostly limited to where the tears were sealed), tear seals, and a few small pieces added.

In my experience Marvel 3 is one of the toughest of the first 10 to find. GPA and the census back that up with only one sale of this book recorded on GPA in the last 2 years and only 15 copies total on the CGC census.

Overstreet in F/VF is just over $8000

GPA has a MP 7.0 selling last year for $2810

Asking $2800

MarvelMystery3.jpg

MMC3back.jpg

"In my experience Marvel 3 is one of the toughest of the first 10 to find."

(thumbs u

100% correct!

I owned many early MM's (including the Carson City #1) and never had a #3.

now's yer chance! :baiting:

Marvel Mystery 5 CGC 8.0 Extensive professional restoration

"color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned, interior lightened, reinforced"

White pages

One of my favorite early Marvel Mystery covers, this one is one of only two issues of Marvel Mystery comics listed as "scarce" in the Overstreet

8.0 guide = $17,250

No sales have been reported to GPA in any grade for this comic since 2004 :o

Asking $4500 Firm

MarvelMystery5-2.jpg

MarvelMystery5back.jpg

Up for sale here, is the NICEST looking 7.0 you'll ever see on a Golden age #1!

"color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cleaned, reinforced"

Marvel Comics 1 CGC 7.0 Extensive Professional restoration Off-white to White pages

(Bought this one raw as an 8.0/8.5!)

Third most valuable comic book of all time!

OSPG in 7.0 is $106,500

This particular copy has more restoration than the 7.0 that sold on Clink last year for $35k and the 7.5 that sold on Heritage for $31000, but in my opinion has nicer eye appeal than either! (No knock on either book, both of them are owned by good friends. But this 7.0 just looks THAT good)

Asking $29,999 (Firm) (This has been the pride and joy of my collection for several years now. So for now the asking price is firm)

MarvelComics1.jpg

Marvelcomics1back.jpg

I actually tried to get adam to sell me this book 2 years ago, before I started going after the KC copy... of course, he was asking 35K then :baiting:

"color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned, interior lightened, reinforced"

White pages

One of my favorite early Marvel Mystery covers, this one is one of only two issues of Marvel Mystery comics listed as "scarce" in the Overstreet

8.0 guide = $17,250

Asking $4500 Firm

MarvelMystery5-2.jpg

MarvelMystery5back.jpg

(worship)

White pages

8.0 guide = $17,250

Asking $4500 Firm

MarvelMystery5-2.jpg

MarvelMystery5back.jpg

I sold my CGC 2.0 copy for $4000 in March 2008 in a private sale :gossip:....which Roy eventually picked up and later sold...

Yup. I then bought Adam's 4.0 Trolley copy.

One of the greatest hero covers of the Golden Age IMO.

:cloud9:

and I really went 50/50 on whether to keep the 4.0 trolley or the 4.5 I have.... a GREAT book...and attractively priced

Marvel Mystery 6

Purchased this one from Metro a while back as an Unrestored VG/F. Comic has really nice eye appeal, but the top staple has pulled through the front cover.

last sale in 5.0 on GPA is $2868 last month.

Asking $2850

Marvel6.jpg

Marvel6back.jpg

Yup. I then bought Adam's 4.0 Trolley copy.

One of the greatest hero covers of the Golden Age IMO.

:cloud9:

and I really went 50/50 on whether to keep the 4.0 trolley or the 4.5 I have.... a GREAT book...and attractively priced

Saw the 4.0 in person and almost bought it -- that's the book that planted the seed that got me back into buying comics. I almost went "Golden Age" because of it. Almost. I went "Marvel Keys" instead. Regardless, I love that cover. I don't think I would have regretted buying it. Small world that it wound up with Roy.

Marvel Mystery 6

Purchased this one from Metro a while back as an Unrestored VG/F. Comic has really nice eye appeal, but the top staple has pulled through the front cover.

last sale in 5.0 on GPA is $2868 last month.

Asking $2850

Marvel6.jpg

Marvel6back.jpg

and I just bought the 5.0 on heritage...if only I had of waited a month doh!