• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greggy got a strike!

416 posts in this topic

I am mostly a lurker. I read a lot and post not so much..........For the record I am so happy Greggy got a strike. I absolutely CAN NOT stand all of those symbols he puts up all the time for absolutely no reason. Drives me nuts.

THANK YOU Gemma!

compostable_fertilizer. This is a forum that has all kinds and I think that is great. greg's contributions to this Board are very, very solid. Does he do a lot of graemlin posts. Yes. Did he get his knickers in a twist and purposely try to everyone off. Yes. But there are tons of people here that have an extemely high percentage of :acclaim: in their hyperinflated post counts, that have contributed far, far less. Including you.

It appears that this was a shot at the most visible, but not the only offender. My advice would be to tread lightly, all you graemlin masters.

Had nothing to do with graemlins, but more to do with a ton of bandwidth consuming pics intentionally trying to derail a thread.

I am mostly a lurker. I read a lot and post not so much..........For the record I am so happy Greggy got a strike. I absolutely CAN NOT stand all of those symbols he puts up all the time for absolutely no reason. Drives me nuts.

THANK YOU Gemma!

compostable_fertilizer. This is a forum that has all kinds and I think that is great. greg's contributions to this Board are very, very solid. Does he do a lot of graemlin posts. Yes. Did he get his knickers in a twist and purposely try to everyone off. Yes. But there are tons of people here that have an extemely high percentage of :acclaim: in their hyperinflated post counts, that have contributed far, far less. Including you.

It appears that this was a shot at the most visible, but not the only offender. My advice would be to tread lightly, all you graemlin masters.

Had nothing to do with graemlins, but more to do with a ton of bandwidth consuming pics intentionally trying to derail a thread.

there should be a warning advisory on that thread

:jokealert:

But it's not funny when a 10Million DPI picture starts very slowly downloading as people try to move down a thread. If you disagree with that you're silly, it's really really poor form and most boards where someone can clearly post a normal sized picture did that would get the same treatment.

That said I think we can all agree someone will get their panties in a knot over some little animated gifs meaning to make a post, but hell people don't take it so seriously. On the flipside don't go using your 50,000 graemlin post count to measure your with....

As seanfingh said, greggy's posts are from what i've read in my short time, are solid contributions.

But a big picture is a no no (tsk)

THANK YOU Gemma!

Says you. I am not defending greg's actions. I'm merely pointing out that there has been a lot of ridiculous posting going on and greg's Strawberry Shortcake barrage was his way of going postal about it. Wasn't right, but he is not the only one and i think he took one for the team to bring this kind of activity to the forefront and maybe get it curtailed.

THANK YOU Gemma!

Says you. I am not defending greg's actions. I'm merely pointing out that there has been a lot of ridiculous posting going on and greg's Strawberry Shortcake barrage was his way of going postal about it. Wasn't right, but he is not the only one and i think he took one for the team to bring this kind of activity to the forefront and maybe get it curtailed.

Well before Pics = Not Banned, after Pics = Banned. Please draw whatever conclusions you want. It's a free country.

Once again, if you don't like a thread with ridiculous posting, why not avoid it?

Is it that hard?

THANK YOU Gemma!

lol

Well before Pics = Not Banned, after Pics = Banned. Please draw whatever conclusions you want. It's a free country.

Once again, if you don't like a thread with ridiculous posting, why not avoid it?

Is it that hard?

What if you LIKE a thread but have to scroll through three pages of funny post, acclaim and ha ha men to read it?

The clear conclusion is you put a ludicrously large picture that is clearly attempted to PEOPLE OFF and you will get a slap on the wrist.

The debate here is are pages and pages of posts consisting entirely of graemlins okay? Personally i don't give a hoot. Others do.

And it's the internets, not a free country champ :baiting:

The offending activity might be visible here (browser warning): http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2835611Post2835611 .

Multiply this by a hundred or so and you can get the idea of what that looks like. It was much like a DoS type of attack, the "service" being acess to posts in the thread.

Is it that hard?

What if you LIKE a thread but have to scroll through three pages of funny post, acclaim and ha ha men to read it?

The clear conclusion is you put a ludicrously large picture that is clearly attempted to PEOPLE OFF and you will get a slap on the wrist.

The debate here is are pages and pages of posts consisting entirely of graemlins okay? Personally i don't give a hoot. Others do.

And it's the internets, not a free country champ :baiting:

Well, if you like the thread, then you'll have to wade through three pages...

Yes, guess you're right on the interenets and not a free country.

The offending activity might be visible here (browser warning): http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2835611Post2835611 .

Multiply this by a hundred or so and you can get the idea of what that looks like. It was much like a DoS type of attack, the "service" being acess to posts in the thread.

I don't care what ANYONE says. That is funny, and it's in the 'are you still awake' thread for goodness sake, it may as well be the 'are you still breathing' thread....

Edit: i take it back, not funny. The picture loaded and things went to hell...

There is only one Graemlin master...and he is willing to suffer for his art. (worship)

Absolute bull-s h i t

I consider greggy a very good friend, even though I don't agree with him sometimes.

Will so much stupidity taking place recently on the boards, they pick him as a scapegoat.

Really? It looked like he was deliberately flaunting the rules and, through his juvenile response, probably locking up more than a few computers for more than a few boardies. I haven't seen that particular brand of stupidity around here lately...

Yeah really. The boards have turned into a waste zone lately with nothing but immature stupidity. His excessive use of what he pulled is no different then whats been happening here lately, even though I think he did go somewhat overboard.

Hopefully people realized the level of insanity that has been going on lately but fail to do anything about it. He finally had enough and did something about it.

Like I said, I consider Greg a friend and I hate seeing friends used as scapegoats, so I will join my friend till he returns.