• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greggy got a strike!

416 posts in this topic

Just join the 90%+ of forum members who have disabled sigs - I had to, as many of these nerd-fest-sigs are far from "work safe".

Shouldn't you 'work' at "work" ? :baiting:

I don't know why i used so many apostrophes either.

Working at work is over rated. I spend most of my day pretending to do stuff while I am reading through all the threads on the boards and surfing Ebay.

same here -- although my work has ebay blocked :mad: -- but they dont block ebay.ca --- :roflmao:

Just join the 90%+ of forum members who have disabled sigs - I had to, as many of these nerd-fest-sigs are far from "work safe".

Working at work is over rated. I spend most of my day pretending to do stuff while I am reading through all the threads on the boards and surfing Ebay.

Absolute bull-s h i t

I consider greggy a very good friend, even though I don't agree with him sometimes.

Will so much stupidity taking place recently on the boards, they pick him as a scapegoat.

Really? It looked like he was deliberately flaunting the rules and, through his juvenile response, probably locking up more than a few computers for more than a few boardies. I haven't seen that particular brand of stupidity around here lately...

Yeah really. The boards have turned into a waste zone lately with nothing but immature stupidity. His excessive use of what he pulled is no different then whats been happening here lately, even though I think he did go somewhat overboard.

Hopefully people realized the level of insanity that has been going on lately but fail to do anything about it. He finally had enough and did something about it.

Like I said, I consider Greg a friend and I hate seeing friends used as scapegoats, so I will join my friend till he returns.

Agreed. I will join you. Hopefully to the delight of many. All you holier than thou types can kiss my *spoon*. (thumbs u

Solidarity.

I'm out too.

You know what, this is pretty funny. A grown man getting suspended from a comic book forum for posting too many pics and then another bunch of grown men strike with him to prove a point.

doh!

This place is remarkable.

The guy was begging for it. I count greggy as a friend too but each man has to own up to his own shizzle.

Too funny.

It's New Years Eve. Who really cares about any of this? (shrug)
Greg sure as hell doesn't. He was prepared for a strike.

Of course he was. He's a smart boy.

(thumbs u

Man, I hate that "anyone still awake" thread.

Was greggy also responsible for taking away the login section?

Andy

Not only that but he was also responsible for the crash of the housing market, the depletion of the ozone layer and the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand. :o

Hey, he's not here, let's blame him for Chucks high prices!!

Man, I hate that "anyone still awake" thread.

Was greggy also responsible for taking away the login section?

Andy

Not only that but he was also responsible for the crash of the housing market, the depletion of the ozone layer and the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand. :o

Hey, he's not here, let's blame him for Chucks high prices!!

Blame the Serbs.

:shy:

to see all the greg haters come out though. :whistle:
I too marvel at this. Where did these dudes come from?

Greggy knew exactly what he was doing and I'm sure he expected a strike. He was making a point about about repetitive posts that were derailing sales threads. Rather than get involved in endless bickering he made a his point with images as he usually does. There is nothing wrong with a little derailing and a few graemlins but if a seller does not appreciate it, please tone it down.

I hate big pictures that screw up my computer. But Greggy is still alright.

We should all forgive greggy

That being said ComicGrinder needs to shrink that damned image in his sig line. It screws up my phone when I am looking here.

So greggy got crucified for our mortal sins on this Christmas holiday season and will rise from his grave in 7 days? lol

The price for a greggy signed Strawberry Shortcake comic would probably go through the roof if it was put up in the forum only selling forum right about now hm

Absolute bull-s h i t

I consider greggy a very good friend, even though I don't agree with him sometimes.

Will so much stupidity taking place recently on the boards, they pick him as a scapegoat.

Really? It looked like he was deliberately flaunting the rules and, through his juvenile response, probably locking up more than a few computers for more than a few boardies. I haven't seen that particular brand of stupidity around here lately...

Yeah really. The boards have turned into a waste zone lately with nothing but immature stupidity. His excessive use of what he pulled is no different then whats been happening here lately, even though I think he did go somewhat overboard.

Hopefully people realized the level of insanity that has been going on lately but fail to do anything about it. He finally had enough and did something about it.

Like I said, I consider Greg a friend and I hate seeing friends used as scapegoats, so I will join my friend till he returns.

Agreed. I will join you. Hopefully to the delight of many. All you holier than thou types can kiss my *spoon*. (thumbs u

Solidarity.

I'm out too.

You know what, this is pretty funny. A grown man getting suspended from a comic book forum for posting too many pics and then another bunch of grown men strike with him to prove a point.

doh!

This place is remarkable.

The guy was begging for it. I count greggy as a friend too but each man has to own up to his own shizzle.

Too funny.

That's pretty glib coming from you, Roy. I invest a portion of time here several days a week. It is not the be all and end all of existence. Far from it. But were it not important to me, I wouldn't invest the time. The guys that are with greg on this invest their time here as well. If that's what they want to do to support him, I think that's cool.

Personally, I think g did exactly what he wanted to do, and I think it has at least fostered discourse and maybe, just maybe, people will think before excessively posting nothingness. I like messing around as much or more than most. i know I will think a little more about what i post. But I will still punk you whenever I can.

Fantastic........thanks for posting that.

I noticed a mention of Greggy haters and would like to make sure it is clear that I hate no one and only posted here earlier to point out the fact that you should never be upset by something posted in a thread. If you come across something that you feel is a waste of time just move on to the next thread, or do a search for a topic you would like to know more about. The information contained in older threads on these boards is overwhelming to say the least.

A 5 Mb file quoted 10 times (50 Mb) in a single post. Self explanatory really.

:eek: ... yeah, my PC crashed and is still crashing as I type this.

Besides, even while Greggy is stuck down he will become more powerful than we could've EVER imagined! :flamed:

Buddy punk away...just check under your bed at night before you go to sleep...

:devil:

I don't see why I'm being perceived as glib. Sure they are free to do as they want but it's not like greggy is being hung in the morning. The guy new what he was doing and likely knew what he was getting into.

Cliques are never good and that is what is happening here. Cliques are forming. The cliques are dividing the boards. There's the pro comicgrinder clique, the greggy clique, you have the SFP gang and a flurry of others...

Like I said they are free to do whatever they want to. I just prefer to protest silently cause I'm not here to attract attention...sure I come across that way in many of my posts but it's meant as amusement not actual drama. If you look at my posts, as these boards have grown more and more unsightly and messy I've just been posting less and less...and that sounds funny from a guy with 16,000 posts but I'd say that many or most of them were constructive and typed out. I'd rather protest by not putting the time in here if that is what's called for but I don't need to tell everyone I'm protesting...that defeats my purpose.

My thinking comes down to my marriage counseling experience. People need to be completely separate entities for a person to work in a relationship. The overlap has to me moderate between people in a relationship in order to remain unbiased. Too much overlap creates a pull in one direction or another and does not maintain balance.

The more that people maintain balance on their own, the more balanced the entire community is.

Is this making sense or am I way out there.

Again, I'm not trying to talk anyone down but I spent 10 years in a toxic environment full of hatred caused by cliques and I see it happening here too now.

R.