• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jay Company books and grading?

4 posts in this topic

Hi!

I asked myself, if it's possible to grade books from Jay Company. I searched for some at the Census, but I couldn't found one.

Fact is, that they are a little bit larger than the normal ones... I think ca. 3-4 millimetres on each side. This is because, they have an extra binder/cover/binding (don't know the exact translation) from JayCo.

If this is a problem - what can I do? Should I cut this extra cover with a scalpel or something like this? :whistle:(shrug);)

Thanks!

M

• Administrator

The Jay Company books with the larger outer cover cannot be graded as they cannot be safely encapsulated. If submitted they will be returned ungraded and your account will be credited. If you were to alter the condition of the book (i.e. cut the outer cover) the book would be considered restored and would be graded and noted as such.

• Administrator

There are some versions of the Jay Company variants that do not have the larger outer covers, but just an outer wrap that is the same size of the comic. In these cases we are able to grade and safely encapsulate the books. If you are considering submitting Jay Company editions you would want to first check which type of cover was used to determine if they can be graded.