• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Slabbed Books incorrectly labeled

7 posts in this topic

Apologies if this has been asked before...

I have two CGC'ed books in my collection that I know are not labeled properly by CGC.

The first is Batman #492 Certification #0042346010 which is actually a second printing of the issue but it is not denoted on notes or the label as such. DC used to label books with Roman numeral of II or III for each respective printing for a time in the 90s (that I know of) below the price tag on the comic. My copy has the II indicating a second printing.

The second is a Wolverine: Origins #5 Certification #0764803017 which is the Sketch Cover variety but CGC has labeled it as the "Samurai Comics Sketch Cover". The difference between the two varieties is that the cover of the Samurai Comics version says so above the barcode box. My copy does not have that on its cover.

Does the procedure of re-submitting books due to a broken case apply to this scenario as well? I would hope that the fee doesn't apply because the error is with CGC. hm

Thanks in advance!

• Administrator

If your book is not labeled correctly, then we ask that you list the book on a Reholder submission form for tracking purposes but there will be no charge for the correction.

Please clearly note that you are resubmitting the books because they are mislabeled and what the appropriate labeling should be. If you have any questions please call customer service at 877-662-6642.

Gemma,

Would books that lack appropriate notations fall into this same category? I recently received a Daredevil #132 30 cent price variant back from CGC but the fact that it was the 30 cent price variant was not denoted anywhere on the label.

What about foreign editions that CGC noted them with the wrong country of origin? Can the correction be made, would one have to re-pay for the whole order?

• Administrator

We would ask that you call to speak with a grader in case they will need additional materials stating the country of origin for that comic, but otherwise the correction would be at no charge.