• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's award season! Let's celebrate the worst of Golden Age anatomy!
1 1

91 posts in this topic

I love Lily Renee, but what's up with Senorita Rio's sword arm, shoulder and bosom?

fight47.jpg

She has a stump for a right hand with a sword secured to it? :shrug:

And it grows out of her lower neck... :lol:

Neat cover up of her left leg, though does make me wonder how her thighs go from that position to her left foot in that position....knees bend the other way?

Neat cover up of her left leg, though does make me wonder how her thighs go from that position to her left foot in that position....knees bend the other way?

I didn't notice that at first, I was too busy looking at the sword arm :o

This cover is :insane:

I didn't notice that at first, I was too busy looking at the sword arm :o

This cover is :insane:

But some of us have a reason to love it:

FightComics47SS70.jpg

This one just arrived -- Crack Comics 6, October 1940.

Wow!! Despite the weird anatomy, I am plenty jealous of this book.

Well done :applause: :applause:

Thanks! One of several Golden Age books from the skypinkblu pedigree that I'm showing off.

Jack

I love Lily Renee, but what's up with Senorita Rio's sword arm, shoulder and bosom?

fight47.jpg

:o

Amazing. It doesn't seem like it would have been to difficult to fix either. (shrug)

Maybe she had a boob operation.....and that black line is the scar (shrug)

On 2/1/2009 at 10:22 AM, buttock said:

Check out the eyes on Subby & Cap. Not my copy, but if it was I'd be trying to get rid of it!

73281.jpg.6b15a58c0c5c4ce47b2f9fe3aabdd743.jpg

On this label the cover is attributed to Jack Binder, but it doesn't look like his cover work at all.  Here's an example of Binder's work from late '41, early '42... 

Spoiler

dd07a1ae-8868-4d5d-acec-efa943736170_zpsf9pymtyj.jpg.be7cefefb6cf1f7fbf11d7210ed02ad8.jpg

There are other sources attributing the cover of All Winners #2 to Joe Simon, which is possible especially if he was rushed & given the degree of variation in his work.  hm

Edited by Cat-Man_America

On 2/1/2009 at 11:22 AM, buttock said:

Check out the eyes on Subby & Cap. Not my copy, but if it was I'd be trying to get rid of it!

73281.jpg.6b15a58c0c5c4ce47b2f9fe3aabdd743.jpg

Cat-Man mentioned Joe Simon. GCD says Simon. Here's some of Simon's Cap sketches. The signature salute, shape of the head, wobbly eyes, the cut-out portion of the mask, the A in the mask, the ears, the nose, the head wings and the chest star seem to point to the same artist as the AW 2.    

all winners 2 comparisons.jpg