• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Hulk 181 CGC 9.9
1 1

65 posts in this topic

So we were discussing the topic of 9.9 and 10.0 books, and someone asked if Hulk 181 ever broke the 9.8 barrier.

Shockingly enough, there is one 9.9 now in the census. Let me guess, The Dentist owns it, right?

So we were discussing the topic of 9.9 and 10.0 books, and someone asked if Hulk 181 ever broke the 9.8 barrier.

Shockingly enough, there is one 9.9 now in the census. Let me guess, The Dentist owns it, right?

lol I doubt the dentist would be caught dead owning a bronze book :roflmao:

I had a feeling that answer was coming about The Dentist. Just having fun with another topic.

That is just an amazing accomplishment coming into a Hulk 181 CGC 9.9 and wondering which country to purchase with it.

I had a feeling that answer was coming.

That is just an amazing accomplishment coming into a Hulk 181 CGC 9.9 and wondering which country to purchase with it.

Heh, i don't know what i'd do if i stumbled into that. Kind of crazy to think that a $3 comic book can be worth so much.......

I had a feeling that answer was coming about The Dentist. Just having fun with another topic.

what is crazy is there are SO many hulk 181's, I can't believe anyone would pay a "kings" ransom for it...

heck, I bet most folks can't tell the diff between a 9.6 and a 9.9.... (shrug)

What does ya all think that would sell for.???? (worship)

If I had that book I'd sell it in a minute, buy a 9.8, and add alot of other key books to my collection...

Yep, this 9.9 and 10.0 stuff is just pure stupidity - maybe, and just maybe, there is a chance that a perfect book would make it to CGC's HQ, but after their staff opens the package, removes the book, and places it in a labeled Mylar, their graders inspect the cover, do a page count, and examine each of the interior pages for stains, tape, rips, etc.,, and then their encapsulation staff places the book in the well, heat-seals it and sets it in the plastic slab, I cannot understand how it could ever be "perfect".

Too much handling, too many hands - it's physically impossible.

If I had that book I'd sell it in a minute, buy a 9.8, and add alot of other key books to my collection...

Too much handling, too many hands - it's physically impossible.

I like to think that every book sent is a 10.0 and that only cgc's handling bumps it down. I apply this logic to all books, golden age and up. :P

I echo the sentiments on selling this bad boy. Hell, i'd make it a private sale and keep my 15% consignment fee...

I do. I would dump it in a heartbeat.

I'd dump it faster than a large order of habanero wings that I washed down with a sixpack of Schaeffer's.

I do. I would dump it in a heartbeat.
(thumbs u

You undergraded that Avengers book you sold me :gossip:

:acclaim: I am by nature, a tighter grader...but, I first put it as a VF ish, and only then moved up to VF+ ish...what do you think it is (shrug)